Thursday, June 8, 2023

OMAD

 An acronym for One Meal A Day, which is a style of intermittent fasting that I (for the most part) have been unable to master… It takes pretty intensive planning to fit one’s daily nutritional requirements into a single meal, but this is the optimal method for health and longevity promoted by the Eastern-medicine guru I follow. I have ordered several of his herbal blends (which are quite pricey!); they are helpful but perhaps I have not achieved full expression of their benefits since I don’t adhere faithfully to his fasting protocols.

https://theinterstellarplan.com/

Gavin just developed a new “Lung Power” formula which I will purchase when I have a few extra coins in  my purse.

But yesterday I did adhere to OMAD, and what a meal it was! Z picked a “Traditional American cuisine” foo-foo restaurant near downtown Dallas for his BD meal - Town Hearth was quite the happening place. Z ordered their fanciful whole-fried lobster as our appetizer, and they “gave” us a bonus slice of chocolate cake since it was his BD (we also ordered crème brûlée & Mississippi Mud pie & shared all around the table - V’s dad & grandparents dined with us). I’m a little sad that my mom missed out on this experience but it would’ve been too late, too heavy of a meal, too crowded & noisy for her to enjoy herself.

I will try to get her out for a Sunday luncheon (6/18? We can celebrate my dad in absentia) since Z & V, as I type**, are driving to New Orleans for his BD weekend. I couldn’t figure out how to gift wrap those tires I put on his car for their big road trip - I didn’t want him to waste any time changing tires on the side of the interstate.

** Z grumbling to me this morning that V dragged him out too early - but it’s an 8-hr drive to NO, they need to get on down there so they can appreciate a few sights in daylight!

                                                             Yellow Submarine aquarium 
                                                             Giant gourami (??)
                                                      Extravagant fried-lobster which was quite savory


                                                          The Birthday assortment of desserts


6 comments:

  1. You wash up good! You look really nice. I'm glad it all worked out and the food looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do I.F. naturally but at the high end of it. I can't go 16 hours without eating, let alone 24 hours. My blood sugar won't allow that. I totally agree about not being able to get the RDAs in one meal. I have seen a lot of others OMAD and they failed miserably.

    Benny is convinced that supplements are usually expensive urine but then we both have to take certain ones due to our lab values.

    Looks like the food was great. I could never get Benny to go to a place like that. Loved the pictures!

    Benny thought that Janet's comment was hilarious about you washing up good. LOL. I'm not sure if I still even own a dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story behind that dress is that it was a sales-rack special I picked up over my lunch hour when I needed to look presentable at my honorary-niece's sweet 16 (5 yrs ago). Obviously it doesn't get much wear!

      Delete
    2. MorticiaAddams

      Delete
    3. It's a nice dress and you did wash up good. LOL. I could shop for weeks and not find a single dress that wouldn't make me look like Danny DeVito in drag.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos from a lovely outing. I second the "clean up nice" comment from OJ!

    ReplyDelete