Monday, June 12, 2023

Deciphering the Clues

 Shuffling paperwork from the City as I hem & haw about the amount I’ll request for my Economic Development Grant. I despise having to “go begging” but it is what it is - if I’ve misjudged my audience I might get roundly refused! So I might as well shoot for the moon - ask for the full amount of what’s left for remodeling ($209K but I don’t for one second believe it will come it on budget, so I’ll probably make it a nice “round” $210K!), and settle for whatever-in-the-hell these good ol’ boys see fit to approve…

Beggars can’t be choosers, yadda yadda - who knows, I might save one of their animals one day! Again, I despise being indebted, financially or emotionally - after all these years of hard work, it sucks to feel as if I’m right back at Square One, working my way out of a tremendous pile o’ debt once again. A big “Bleep You” to eminent domain & the Texas Department of Transportation.

No wonder I’m not sleeping worth a damn - my sleep cycle looks like a roller coaster, look at those peaks & valleys!

                                                                (Friday night)
                                                                  (Saturday night)
At least the kids are home safely from their New Orleans road trip - we were hammered by more thunderstorms last night here at home, but most of that had dissipated by the time they got in a little after midnight. Fingers crossed for Victoria’s new job prospects; I need part of their living expenses off my payroll!


4 comments:

  1. I certainly hope you get a good grant. You need it and this community needs your services. Hopefully they will see that usually you can't expect to get more out of something than you put into it. They need to sweeten your pot. Help you to make this happen for everyone.

    Sad to think of all of the lives changed because someone wants to make traveling harder by adding more highway. Too many cars, semis, motorcycles, and trailers on the road. Before long grade school kids will have cars. We have gigantic school buses here 3/4ths empty driving miles and miles on routes every day. Stupid. Waste of the taxpayers money. Time to brainstorm other solutions.

    I have problems sleeping too. Who wouldn't with all the stress we all live under.

    It's time you had a lot less on your plate in every area. I would love to be your answering service. "Val is unavailable right now. If your pet has a medical problem or you need to make an appointment leave your name and number and we will get back to you. If you need a teet to suck on Val only has 2 and they are already being used." Victoria NEEDS to work. For he own well-being, own furture, own self-respect. There is no reason why she can't. There are a million nursing jobs, none of them will be perfect. She just needs to take one. If it isn't the right one then she can work it while looking for the right one. You need all of their living expenses off your payroll. They are both adults. You are family, not a meal ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also hoping for a decent grant for you. Vet services are so essential, and especially those of you who see to the big investment animals like the equines and bovines. You practice in ranch country, right? So I'm hoping those "good ol' boys" recognize this and give you a hand. It's not a hand-out, it's a hand!

    Also crossing fingers for Victoria's job prospects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sleep looks similar to mine. I stopped worrying about the pattern and started focusing on the oxygen levels to decide if I had good sleep. I noticed some correlation to not so good nights and the amount of potential snoring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting, my comments refuse to be published!

    ReplyDelete