Wednesday, May 31, 2023

San Angelo Photo Dump

 

                                                                 N Concho Trailhead
                                                This shot by Susie may be worth framing
                                            Susie was grateful we found this water trough

         So were our ponies, of course - at this point we’d been out for about 5 hrs/15 miles

Those indistinct impressions in the riverbed are the dinosaur tracks - I’m glad we found ‘em. Makes my current financial juggling act seem minor in the big scheme of things… I must keep moving forward, hopefully in a few more months this will all seem like an anxiety dream!

I thought about analyzing my sleep data - I did NOT achieve the restful sleep I usually enjoy in horse camp, no doubt it is All The Things piling up on me, yet here I am hauling off for recreational pursuits.

I was surprised in my brief research to see that San Angelo State Park opened in 1995 - the “ghost camp”sections were not maintained. Of course 1995 is almost 30 years ago - that’s adequate time for many things to fall into disrepair. 

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/lower-ghost-camp

There are a few others who have claimed paranormal activity in this area -  maybe that’s why I didn’t sleep too well??



2 comments:

  1. I am totally flat footed over how fast 30 years can pass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! I really loved the Ghost Campsite. Not sure why they are not maintained but they should be with concrete picnic tables and all of the nice cacti. Love cacti. I am struggling with sleep again too. Every outing we have exhausts me.

    ReplyDelete