Friday, May 12, 2023

Phase II

 Bladder + dogs had me up shortly after 5 AM - I unbuckled the ActiGraph from my wrist since my initial 14-day monitoring period is over (I go back to the physio lab at UTA next Thursday to discover whether I’ll continue as control or the interventional group in their study, who will receive a coaching program via text messages). I have tried to adhere to protocol, carrying on more or less as I usually do - my weight has remained stable, my new setpoint seems to be this 190-ish range… 

My doctor seems to have run out of bright new testing ideas, and instead has fallen back on routine like getting me caught up on other screening tests like colonoscopy, mammography, etc. My GI scan is also scheduled for next Thursday - at least I can count it as a fresh start after the purgatives, ha ha.

Z took his last final yesterday, but declined my offer of a celebratory dinner, so I trekked home forlornly after collecting my early MD gifts from J (the young man who’s been mowing the lawn in Mesquite - I’ve helped him out with expenses for car troubles; at this point I should be pre-paid through the summer!). He ordered me cookies which came with a shiny gold necklace. There is a reptile show the weekend of 5/20 which should be our last-ditch effort to rehome pythons, after that we can finish clearing out from Mesquite & get that lil’ bachelor pad sold! (Z had a pipe dream of holding onto it as a rental property, but since he has done so little to help me all spring, that’s out of the question) Once again Val finds herself mildly hamstrung by nostalgia - when I bought that little house I envisioned Z being there for at least 8-10 yrs (it’s only been 4, but thank goodness for the Covid spike in real estate values - it has appreciated significantly).

I’m taking Bo back out to nearby ride in Cleburne for another Intro tomorrow - the plan is for me to enjoy & ride him as much as I want! Catie has put in her request for Ft Stanton in July, but like Scarlett O’Hara, I’ll think about that tomorrow. I went by a neighbor’s to vaccinate a couple of his horses - his daughter is now 12, the perfect age to tag along if her parents let her come ride with me. I do enjoy sponsoring the kiddos.

                              Ajax is a retired Army horse (Ed, my neighbor, is a retired soldier as well)
                                                   A plump lizard basking on her log
                                                    Nice unassuming necklace, just my style!
    Bonnie's new harness (not that I'll be training her to walk on a leash, it's more for easier restraint!)



4 comments:

  1. Love the horse, hate that they still brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whelp a freeze brand is a lot less traumatic than a fire brand - of course he ALSO has a microchip (which is the most foolproof gold-standard ID method), but that's just our government at work!

      Delete
  2. I hover in the same weight range. Would like to move on down but don't do enough to accomplish that so it is 180s for me. I hope you make the study. My doctor is huge on routine studies.

    So nice about the young man buying you gifts!

    I hope that property sells quickly. You have enough to take care of.

    Love Ajax! And Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ajax is gorgeous. Jes' sayin'! And I do hope your get permission from the neighbor to let his daughter tag along. I'm sure it will thrill her!

    ReplyDelete