Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother’s Daze

 I would have to count Saturday as MY Mother’s Day, since Val got to do exactly as she wanted: hauling out to horse camp Friday night, riding another Intro on good ol’ Bo Saturday… Kim has hosted her Last Hoorah** event on her beautiful 6-0 Ranch near Cleburne intermittently, damned if I was going to miss it even with threatening weather! As it turned out, brief but intense thunderstorms rolled over us between 1 - 3 AM; I didn’t get my much-anticipated Good Night’s Sleep in all the ruckus. Then I presumed it would be the standard “intro” start time of 9 AM when Kim had actually opened our trail at 8 - that meant Bo & I got some premier bonding time as we were all alone all morning. We did the pink “perimeter trail” which takes one around the entire ranch, giving me about 2.5 hrs to reminisce about all the miles I’ve racked up here over the years.

** originally this was going to be a “one-off” event, with Kim somewhat reluctantly shoehorned into ride management. But everyone enjoyed it so much, we’ve been able to convince her to continue hosting us off-and-on over these past 20+ years

I hauled home Saturday afternoon to gird my loins for Sunday, the REAL endurance test… Zach wanted me to join he & Victoria, her dad & grandparents at Sunday morning services in Irving - but Mom had already put in her request for eggs Benedict! She then backtracked, said she didn’t feel like getting out, so I placed a “To Go” order. I’ll give her grandson big props for persistence - he just kept on calling until he nagged her into it! We went to a BBQ joint afterwards, then to the grandparents for Andy’s BD cheesecake.







1 comment:

  1. It's always sad to see the end of something like the rides on 6-0 Ranch.

    Sounds like an awesome Mother's Day weekend!! Obviously Zach has some skills. We had BBQ too. I fixed it and the rest of the meal.

    ReplyDelete