Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Fresh Start

 I continue my ongoing experiments in How Val Can Get a Decent Night’s Sleep… I have returned to taking half a sertraline as anxiolytic, which leaves me slightly foggy headed in the morning.

I delivered ear medicine for my granddog Tyson to Z & V last night; we were going to meet downtown but there was (another) tremendous traffic jam on eastbound 183 while I had smooth sailing in the westbound lanes - so I called Z & told him to just sit tight, I’d just continue on & meet them at their house.  This allowed me to demonstrate proper application of said medication, very important! & then I took ‘em to dinner… I’ll never miss my chance to spend time with my boy. V will start her new position at Big Baylor next month, while Z’s college career will be extended a little longer, as he learned one of his last prerequisite courses won’t be offered again until next spring. He plans to pick up an internship, all good.

My internal dials & rotors spin for a few moments each morning as I orient myself - but tomorrow shall be my own day of fasting & repentance as I do my colonoscopy prep. I will count this as my own restart for clean(er) living; I return to UTA lab Thursday afternoon to learn which phase of their activity study I will be slotted into.

I was concerned to see my friend, ride manager Kim, looking very thin & haggard. Of course she was covered up in her duties so I had no chance to ask A.) if she has a health problem or B.) if there’s anything I can do to help. It may just be that Kim has figured things out? but OTOH her husband appeared to have gained all the weight she’s lost - he was always a hefty guy, but now he is unmistakably obese.

Can’t solve the world’s problems, gotta get on with my own workday. New plumber came by yesterday & should have estimate for me tomorrow.



7 comments:

  1. Really cute dog. Dogs and cats don't seem to have a lot of problem sleeping. I wonder what their secret is.

    An internship for Z sounds great. I hope V likes her new job.

    Hopefully Kim and her hubby are not sick.

    I hope this plumber is ready to do some work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I just wrote the man a substantial check (deposit) as he is supposed to start work TOMORROW!!!

      Delete
    2. Totally awesome news!! Go plumber!!

      Delete
    3. I cannot tell ya how thrilling it is to have workmen here this morning - despite the noise & messiness. Hopefully they will be through Phase I fairly rapidly & things will quieten down

      Delete
    4. It's a good kind of noise. Finally getting something done. I am very encouraged!!

      Delete
  2. With a bit of luck, Z's internship could be a paid one? Good luck for your own "next generation" as they begin this new chapter.

    And I agree with MorticiaAdams, in watching the total relaxation of the animals at rest. Hope you figure out a way that will work to get you some better sleep, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - any small stipend would be helpful at this point! (fingers crossed)

      Delete