Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Tinfoil vs Magnesium

 As I lay awake during my regularly scheduled middle-of-the-night anxiety session, I came to the conclusion that this feels like biting into tinfoil… I force myself to unclench my jaw, breath deeply, do my body-scan relaxation techniques (tensing & relaxing muscles), a few stretches.

But I did unearth a new bottle of magnesium glycinate which I had stashed under bathroom counter - a big win for me as I didn’t make it by the health food store yesterday. City offices were closed for an extension of their Easter holiday - good for them, I suppose - delaying any news of my permit approval by another day. (Note to self: nudge my attorney again today to see if she has any news)

My retired office manager Pat’s husband passed away early Easter Sunday after a long neurodegenerative illness capped off by lung cancer. I am relieved both of their ordeals have ended, but Pat won’t be able to make arrangements until Wednesday. I’ve already proclaimed that whatever happens, we will close the clinic if need be to go support our Patricia (her children damn sure haven’t - when her no-account son gave the excuse last week that he couldn’t come down bcz he didn’t have a vehicle, I said I’ll pay for his Uber! but he finally managed to show up Saturday to see his father alive one last time)

As I told my girls yesterday, seems like all I do these days is mail out sympathy cards - whether for my own patients or humans! I opted out of Pilates class last night since my stomach remains unsettled, not worth the potential humiliation. And here it is Tuesday (when I awaken, my mental gears spin like a little slot machine until they settle on the correct day) and I have heard nothing from Christina; I plan on getting trailer packed & hitched up Thursday, backed up to the barn in readiness to haul out Friday night. While I’m happy to haul Baraq for her to ride, I’m not going to harass her - if I don’t hear from her, I might take him for my own self? It’s a case of picking my poison: race-brained Arab or obstreperous mule…



Wish I could be as blissfully unconcerned as my puppies

10 comments:

  1. I take 700 - 800mg of magnesium a day. One dose in the morning and one late in the evening. I have horrible muscle cramps if I don't.

    I hope that approval comes through soon.

    I am sorry to hear about Pat's husband. I sent a prayer for her and her family. My son doesn't even know his dad his terminal cancer.

    Benny and I both have way too much G.I trouble of some kind. I deal with the GERD well with taking ACV in water before meals twice a day. The IBS is a lot more difficult to handle.

    I would have a hard time choosing which animal to take. Barag is my dream guy but I would never be able to handle him. I am used to stubborn mules, though, as I married one and am one. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I don't hear from Christina, I'll take Baraq for myself (he IS my own damn horse after all!). Hopefully if I start at the back of the pack (like I should've done last time!), he will not be too big of a monster. But I would rather be reeling him in than deal with the mule's attitude...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on Baraq the Monster. I think your animals may be Tauruses. There is no cure for that.

      Delete
    2. I found Baraq's original papers when I was cleaning out my office - all these years I've celebrated his BD the same as Z's for convenience's sake (6/09). But his actual BD is 6/03, which still makes him a crabby Gemini!

      Delete
    3. LOL. The anniversary of when Benny and I met was 6/5. My son's best friend's birthday was 6/7, his birthday was 6/9, and my son's best female friend's birthday was 6/11. LOL.

      Delete
    4. Benny saw the picture of your animals and said that he wouldn't mind being one of your dogs. LOL. Warning - he eats like a horse!

      Delete
    5. One thing I can assure you of is that NO ONE on my property goes hungry!!! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Puppies... the epitomy of living "in the moment". Hugs! So sorry for your Pat's loss and you are amazingly supportive, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whelp, lemme tell ya, no one was as supportive as Pat Herself back in the day! She was always everyone's best cheerleader, remembering everyone's BD's & buying cakes, etc... I am pleased as punch that I just called her to see how she's holding up & she was out having brunch. No one deserves more of the good things in life than our sweet Patricia!

      Delete
    2. So glad she's out and hopefully someone was treating her to that brunch!

      Delete