Friday, April 14, 2023

Givin’ It All Away

 …my precious irreplaceable time, that is! Yet as I stare into the inscrutable depths of my coffee cup (the swirling clouds in my coffee from the cream that I will never sacrifice - I’ve trained myself to give up sugar in coffee & tea, but can’t force down black coffee), I know I will never reject any opportunity (no matter how “opportunistic”**) to spend time with my son.

** Z is angling for a “new used” car - his grandfather’s 2012 Impala is likely approaching the end of its useful lifespan, especially since Z has to buck traffic on the north side of town. It hasn’t stranded him yet, but I’d prefer to be proactive. 

Once again, I’ll never regret just hanging out: helping Z assemble his new cat tree, sharing lunch w/him & his GF, even yes, bucking the inevitable traffic as we traverse the Metroplex to look at a few prospects. We ended up at Hertz Rental Sales (where I bought my baby Buick), but Z had his eye on a Honda Pilot & a Dodge Durango - I couldn’t interest him in a clone of my lil’ car!

This gave me just enough daylight when I got home to get the horse trailer hitched and backed up to the barn. Gotta work most of the day today so I can shove off a little early this afternoon and hopefully make it to Priefert Ranch before sunset. I’ve decided to make it slightly easier on myself by taking Baraq (never heard anything from Christina) A FB friend is attempting her first 55 miler today and will hopefully be able to ride a moderate 25 miler with me mañana. If we start at the back of the pack it shouldn’t be too ridiculous. And after the ride I’ll trek over to my cousins - about 30 miles away - it’ll be great to see them.

I was awake off and on since 3 AM worrying about all I need to do to get myself on the road this afternoon, I doubt I will ever learn that worrying about something doesn’t make it any better. Another week’s delay on remodeling since my contractor has to go file a permit with the county for the septic system - I suspect they may require me to dig it up and put in a new improved one.




2 comments:

  1. whoosh, those things we wait far too long to learn, or as Elsa puts it, "let it go!" Me, too. Calm down, let yourself rest and sleep, and whatever it was, will still be there in the morning. Yeah, right, 3 a.m. brain! But, once in a while, it works. May that once in a while expand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black coffee is disgusting in my opinion. So bitter. I liked it with tons of cream and artificial sweetener so I ended up giving it up.

    Yikes on the septic system. Wondering when this remodeling will happen. You must be exhausted by now waiting for it.

    We bought our son's first used car - a 2 year old 1998 Ford Ranger. He loved it and made it last until a couple of years ago when I think he bought his first car of his own.

    My "newest" car is a 2002 FX4 so the next car I buy will be another used one for me.

    ReplyDelete