Wednesday, April 5, 2023

The Weakest Link

 In my case, my weak links are my GI tract & my bad back… I’ve been suffering from low-grade GI upset, “irregularity”, and bloating for the past week (not that it’s put off my appetite; weight is precisely stable) - and last night I staggered home with my back “locked up” after Another Stressful Workday. I cranked my bathroom heater back on, stretched out on the floor and did the yoga I was able to do which helped a great deal to loosen things up.

Even slept fairly decent, until more thunderstorms rolled through at 5 AM & I was beset by anxious dogs!

But as minor proof that miracles do happen, I found Zach’s cat Tigre safe n’ sound after almost a week’s adventure in The Great Outdoors. He escaped from Z’s arms when he was moving the cats to the Irving house while disregarding his mother’s sage advice to CONFINE THEM IN A CARRIER! Otis scratched Z badly, and Tigre ran away. I didn’t have the heart to write about what I feared was another family loss - but I left a back window open when I was there last Thursday and sure enough, when I went by last night (foregoing yoga for animal care), there was Tigre back in the living room!

Tigre was the tiny abandoned kitten whom Zach rescued from his back alley at "maybe" 5 wks of age. I suspect his feral mom was moving her kittens, was startled & dropped him, running off & leaving him behind. In subsequent weeks, Zach scooped up 3 of Tigre's siblings - he wound up keeping Otis (orange tabby), and Gloria (tabby/tortie), but the other orange brother escaped shortly after I got these kittens vaccinated & neutered. We've seen him here & there but Zach could never recapture him. I took Gloria home with me a couple of weeks ago to see if she could fill the void in our Lucius's life after losing his adoptive brother Severus, but so far they have staked out opposite corners of the house, no family integration yet!

I triumphantly bundled him up and delivered him to Irving myself - Zach didn’t understand my “Candygram for Mongo” message until I pulled up the YouTube clip for him:


https://youtu.be/tH6_kasOHac


Zach assures me he will clean snake tubs today - there has been Trouble in Paradise with the kids but obviously there are some things Mommy cannot fix. They went to couples counseling last week which Z reported didn’t go too great with V’s histrionic personality. Sometimes you point a finger, but the other three are pointing squarely back at YOU?!? 

Zach was trying to call me off last night - “No, not a good time Mom” but all I wanted to do was hand off the cat & make the trek back across town myself. If that was too intrusive of me, mea culpa but I knew Z would be happy to get his little monster back (& he was; he’d been complaining how Otis kept crying for his brother & I knew no other remedy)

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I have any links that are not weak. LOL. My back and G.I. tract certainly are.

    We also had storms in the night. Most of the night. Windy and the weather radio was going berserk.

    So good that Zack's cat was found.

    Sounds like this move for Zack may turn out to be a mistake if he and his GF are having this much trouble. Zack and her both have a lot of growing up to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're telling me about the "growing up" - I pinch myself periodically as I remind myself that when **I** was almost 25, I was well into my senior year of veterinary school (in other words, 8th year of college), also an ol' married lady of almost 4 yrs (I freely admit I got married too damn young @ 21, but there again, I was going to school and managing my own finances with generous help from my parents, bless 'em!)

      Delete
    2. I can totally relate. I got married way too young too at 18. Had no concept of what married life should be thanks to my parents. I think I knew I made a mistake almost immediately after marriage but some good did come of the union. I am an expert on what I don't want. LOL. I did manage to get through college with no help from my parents during the early years and had a career so, as you say, there was some success. Just not in my personal life. It sucked.

      Delete
  2. You know, one of these days I'm going to have to break down and watch Blazing Saddles... I never have. But that clip is downright fun! Glad Tigre is reunited with his human and animal family/pride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to remedy that at your earliest convenience - certainly, a film like Blazing Saddles could never be made in our politically correct age, but it is uproarious! (I'm a big Mel Brooks fan)

      Delete
  3. 'It's true, It's true! A line I'll never forget.

    ReplyDelete