Monday, August 16, 2021

A Bang or a Whimper

 Time is rushing by me - the equivalent of about a class 3 whitewater river as best I can tell! So I haven’t had time to craft the thoughtful entry I’ve been mulling over, nor does it look like I will make it to 1140 so I’ll just throw a few more things out here: 


Last Saturday  I hauled to downtown Dallas to participate in a community trail ride - we had a decent turnout despite the threat of rain, got back to our trailers and unsaddled just as the first sprinkles were starting. 
 
 
My friend let me down - she brought her good solid quarter horse while I took my goofy Arabian! 
I just presumed she’d be riding Maverick 

 
 
Avant-garde approach - I for one never took my hands off the reins so I can’t blame Carla for taking a few crooked photos! 
 
Baraq meets Pegasus (our iconic Dallas Flying Red Horse) 
 
And this was just a great photo off the DPD’s page 

We spoke about doing a “real ride” this morning but I got up to more misting rain… I actually laid back down and slept for another hour and a half which was quite pleasant. 

Meanwhile, in other news Isabel is learning how to be a dog amongst my unruly pack - Puppy-Baby Amelia really wants to play with her which is difficult which she’s about 30X her size! Here is one slightly blurry photo - please ignore the dirty floor! I need to vacuum. 
 
Isabel is a whopping 2 lbs at this point, putting everything in her mouth like the toddler that she is! 

And Zach is enjoying a quick weekend visit with his friends amongst the wonders of Las Vegas - I’ve got to get moving and go feed his menagerie shortly. Hubby has gone out hiking despite the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment