Monday, August 16, 2021

Last Friday’s 3/8 Post

 Deep breaths and stretching out as I prepare to roll in for my 3rd Friday of (what I hope is) an 8-wk stretch… 


While Dr M’s hip replacement went well, now her husband has started radiation treatments at MD Anderson in preparation for bladder cancer surgery. She told me they’re planning to make it to state veterinary conference which is the last weekend in September. I hate the uncertainty of this all, but nothing I can do but breathe and carry on. 

Another single-mom colleague is posting about her teenage daughter having a mental health crisis, she is burning through her vacation time as she tries to get her the help needed, which is hard enough given our effed-up “healthcare system” as a minor, and next to impossible for a young adult. I had hoped a visit with Charles would do Z more good, but he continues to boil over with rage after the years of abuse/mistreatment by his father - still questioning “Is This All There Is?” as he struggles through his own existential crisis. But Z did get himself registered for fall semester, at least he seems to be looking forward to getting back on campus. I fear he is overloading himself with 16 hrs and his many many reptiles (we shipped off 4 baby dragons yesterday, but immediately picked up 4 more who exhibit the color traits Z is looking for, so no change in current census).  

We watched the first episode of “Hard Knocks” with our Cowboys which was excellent as it put forth the question: will THIS be the season that the Cowboys fulfill their potential? We’ve had years and years of “looking good on paper” but never really getting past that first playoff game (in years they’ve even made it THAT far). But then Z wanted me to stay and watch “Suicide Squad” - oh honey, you’re breaking momma’s heart! As much as I would love to, I had to get home to take care of Scarlett and maybe cast a glance towards my husband (who is studiously ignoring me but that’s another figurative can to be kicked down the road for now). 

“The Thrill of Victory/The Agony of Defeat” in Val’s next thrilling episode… 
 

1 comment:

  1. Reptiles would not be my choice in pets although I do appreciate them. I prefer cuddly and canine or equine. Heck, if I could I'd have some sheep. No goats, although plenty of people love them...it's their eyes.

    ReplyDelete