Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Slow Motion Disintegration

 Not much to say.

Not much to do, as I watch the bank accounts crater out - will those last couple of checks for essential invoices clear? then I’ll scrape together enough to pay my staff next week, everything else will have to wait. Waiting for my mom’s SS check to post (which should be today) so I can go pay her assisted living invoice - this is the last month of her 90-d discount; what on earth am I going to do NEXT month??

I’ve already notified Dr M that I won’t need her to work this Friday - no earthly way can I justify hauling off to the Panhandle for another ride. I spent about $200 in diesel fuel last weekend going to the beach for about an hour and a half’s ride - let’s just say Baraq was not the correct choice, but at least he didn’t toss me on the pavement or on the beach in front of all those nice people! (Crowds camping out with tents, kids running around with toys, and of course, the crashing waves) At least we had a couple of nice meals out, I made cocktails at our trailers each night, and I got to see my dear old friend Deb: we rode the ferry across to Galveston and she came and picked us up Saturday afternoon. I had a few hours of peace because I left my phone in Sam & Gayle’s truck when we caught the ferry; my mom was very unhappy at me for leaving and was blowing up my phone in confusion, thinking she saw my truck in her parking lot.

So I have precious few pictures (& none at all horseback). A distraction from cold hard Reality.







2 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes crossed for everything to dance the dance of solvency! (( hugs ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent a prayer that this will all work out.........soon. It will work out. It's just a matter of timing. Sounds like you need to cut expenses to the bare bones for a while. I marvel that once when I was off work disabled and piling up medical bills plus our usual bills that we managed to live on no income for a month and a half. And then I was only allowed to go back to work part time. We survived. You will too. Hugs. And prayers on the way.

    I love the Panhandle and the beach. It sounded wonderful other than Baraq being so.............not sure what to call it................ frisky, wild, zany? You needed the time away with friends in a pleasant location.

    Your poor mom. She had become too dependent on you. My mom was the same and, unfortunately, I could not always be depended upon. Not my fault. It's just part of life. One person can't meet all of another person's needs.

    ReplyDelete