Sunday, October 8, 2023

Headless Chicken

 …is what I feel like these days, running around aimlessly, frittering away my irreplaceable time on this earth with busywork! Or just stupid stuff like driving off and forgetting to grab a bag of dog food for my mom‘s dog: I walked through the door and saw poor Abby pacing around, turned around and drove right back to get it for her - that was only 20 miles & another 45 minutes!

And my poor befuddled mom wonders why I don’t have the patience to sit with her for very long these days - too much towering over me on my things to do list! It ain’t HER fault I’ve waited until the literal last minute to ferry all this tax paperwork to my accountant - if she doesn’t manage to thread every possible loophole for me and I wind up owing a big chunk to the IRS, I may completely lose what’s left of my disintegrating intellect. 

Cabinetry is being stained, countertops being installed as we stumble towards competition of my far-from-the-Taj-Mahal veterinary palace. I still can’t figure out the workmen’s irregular schedules. Trying not to obsess about my friends’ posts on social media as the weekend weather was perfect for the Quitaque ride - I did manage a short maiden voyage on a new prospect yesterday. One of the weirdest trades you may have ever heard of: a pony for a python? (More later; hubby just got back from his morning hike & I’ve got to get on with my Sunday) As you can imagine, when word trickled out that Dr J was horse-shopping, I’ve been deluged with prospects. But Mr Silas (approx 20 yr old TWH) may be just the ticket; he did very well yesterday.

We met the newlyweds for dinner Thurs night; I remember The Golden Hare from my childhood 



                         Sugar Ridge Silas has a nice ring to it

5 comments:

  1. The more stress one is under the more stupid stuff that occurs. Been there and done that many times.

    Most assisted living places do shopping for their tenants here. One of my son's friends mother did that.

    Hopefully things will work out on the taxes.

    Let's hope these workers finish up soon.

    A pony for a snake sounds like a great deal to me. Mr. Silas seems like a good prospect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, one guy is here this morning, applying texture to the walls so that's something! It is slowly beginning to resemble a "real office"...
    Gotta write about this great python-for-a-pony trade but as usual, I'll have to give some backstory. Donna is thrilled to death since, as it turns out, a dwarf reticulated python was her heart's desire...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope there is not a lot left to be done. You will have to provide pictures when it is done. We all feel a part of this construction effort too. We have watched you suffer through this from day one. I hope the people of Farris and surrounding communities know how fortunate they are. Will you have a grand opening?

      LOL on Donna's heart's desire. As much as I love animals, I don't think I have ever warmed up to snakes. The pony would be a major upgrade for me.

      Delete
  3. Now of course I am curiouser and curiouser about that python for a pony story, but will try to be patient until you get it up on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was all set for A Grand Tale last night (I usually doodle around on my iPad while watching TV), but was derailed by a rough episode with my mom... Updates to follow!

      Delete