Monday, October 31, 2022

This Is Halloween

 My employees started decorating more than a month ago - when Misti showed me her mini-graveyard pictures, I told her it was a Party Foul to start so early! By the time this weekend rolled around, she was ready to take the kids to the “Trunk or Treat” parking-lot event one block from her house and be done baby done.

As I ponder what kind of fool hauls off about three hours and 3/4 of a tank of diesel for a 2 1/2 hour ride Saturday afternoon?


                                  This girl here!

I had the campground all to myself Friday evening since I was the only one fool enough to haul in in the rain Friday night…  everyone else trickled in Saturday morning and of course it was then getting close to lunchtime so we had to fortify ourselves & didn’t saddle up and ride out till a little past 1 o’clock.

It was a very fun time although it made me a little sad that my husband wouldn’t come join us. JR grilled his special picanha steak Saturday night, and Linda’s non-riding hubby cooked up a huge camp breakfast Sun morning. (Picanha is the rump roast, which is sliced into steaks - I’ve tried it but can’t match JR’s mastery!)

https://www.mychicagosteak.com/steak-university/cook-picanha-steak






4 comments:

  1. And tree-climbing, too. And clearly at least one goblin in the spirit. Glad you got a ride in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ride sounded like a lot of fun other than being all alone Friday night. The food sounded delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, the equestrian campground was very quiet & peaceful - I ain't complaining!

    ReplyDelete