Tuesday, November 1, 2022

All Saints’ Day

 It’s holiday season for sure - Halloween yesterday, All Saints today, All Souls tomorrow!

I’m throwing up a few more photos to preserve my memories of last weekend; this week I seem to be suffering from a bad case of “back to work blues”… my tiny horse camping trip was far too short and I wish I had a multi-day event to look forward to. But stomping my feet and grumbling won’t accomplish anything - I have to just put my head down and grind through these next few months while I get the new clinic location well-established. Life don’t care that you didn’t really want to be doing this at this stage in the game - it is what it is!

We had a good turnout doling out candy at Zach’s house in Mesquite last night - most of the kiddos didn’t even seem to notice that I had a live ball python around my neck, she coordinated so well with my costume!






7 comments:

  1. You can bet that this trick or treated would have noticed the snake. LOL. Not a snake fan but I do the love lizards and turtles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny - Butterball was as motionless as a rubber snake most of the time, a lot of the kiddos were more apprehensive of Mushu the dragon!

      Delete
    2. One of the first pets I personally obtaines was a tiny eastern fence lizard. I found it and put it in my room and had no idea it could escape. So I went to dad and confessed, "My lizard got loose." He asked, "What lizard????" I explained and he died laughing and indicated that mom would flip out and she did and said she would not be able to sleep at night. So it was found and I was not allowed to keep it but it was mine for a short time. I still am very fond of eastern fence lizards but don't see them as much now. Man is killing all of the wildlife. Less frogs, toads, turtles, birds, snakes here.

      Delete
    3. I remain consumed by guilt, 50+ years later - they used to sell green anoles at the State Fair, tethered to tiny braided-thread "leashes" which your child could fasten to his/her clothing with a safety pin... For several years I begged for one, kept it alive a handful of days, then sorrowfully buried the poor creature. I didn't know any better and neither did my parents.

      Delete
    4. I had no idea about that practice at all. I really liked my little lizard and hope he had a good life.

      Delete