Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Unhappy Holidays

 Lemme tell ya, “Jaffe Trailer Park” ain’t a fun place to be when it’s cold & rainy!

A.) I’ve got to get a crew out to address the drainage issues: when it rains, most of the front area turns into a mud pit - water drains into the front carport to make a small lake! I need to issue clients a pair of mud boots while joking that I’m gonna set up a ferry ride.

B.) I thought the nifty little unit installed in the tiny trailer was dual-purpose with AC AND heat, but I haven’t figured out a way to turn the heat on? (Complicated by the fact the jerry-rigged power cord does not supply consistent power - note to self: call my cousin the electrician!) So yesterday on my lunch break, I ran down to the dollar store and bought a little electric space heater so I didn’t freeze at my desk…

C.) we continue to rely on short trips up the road for restroom facilities since the plumbers did NOT return yesterday with relentless rain storms. “Plan ahead”

Last night I again limped home stiff and cold, although not as bad as Friday. Baked myself in front of the bathroom heater for a while but pulled a muscle in my shoulder trying a new yoga routine (“deep fascial release”) - guess I’ll take half a pain pill and try to loosen things up with a hot shower. At least I have something to look forward to tonight - a friend/refugee from Bruce’s studio told me about a new Tues night class at 6:30 which is a MUCH more manageable time for me. (Gives me a few extra minutes to breathe & relax rather than rush rush rush to make a 6 PM class) And at $7/pop, it’s much more affordable! I haven’t been able to make the 6 PM Bruce class for over a month - so even when I could squeeze in one class per week, that averaged out to about $18 per session…




3 comments:

  1. It sound like you could keep and entire work crew busy there dealing with problems that have yet to be addressed. Everyone in my area has been scurrying around trying to get ready for winter without much success. Benny and I worked hard at it and are in better shape than most. At least you have yoga. The meme was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear! I do hope the facility problems all sort out soon! And that you start to feel better, too.

    ReplyDelete