Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Gluten Madness

 Whelp Debbie called me last night to thank me kindly for hosting Kathy; she returned raving about her wonderful stay in Bristol! It’s nice to feel appreciated…

Our ride manager for next weekend’s long-awaited Armadillo event solved my dilemma (who to ride?) by roping me in to work - one of her veterinarians canceled “she’s ever so sorry but I’m needed”. Another case of nice to be indispensable, BUT…

I’d better luxuriate in my memories of two good rides last week - as I hope against hope that next season will be better!

This is Bobbie’s good Medicine Hat Paint, Captain. I hope I can be like Bobbie  when I am 70-something years old,  still hauling to rides!
My photos from my quick shopping trip Sunday afternoon with Zach aren’t downloading - we made a quick run to the mall and went to the Italian store which we both dearly love. Unfortunately, pasta doesn’t love me anymore and I think low-grade indigestion is what contributed to a miserable poor night’s sleep for me Sunday night. Last night I threw everything but the kitchen sink in the form of supplements down my throat and did much better - I was still awake at 2 AM but I did manage to go back to sleep.
In other news, my mom fell while I was talking to her on the phone yesterday - a heart-stopping event! I don’t think she’s badly hurt,  just stiff and sore and bruised up - I’m getting ready to make my morning check in call . I took her some stronger pain medicine last night and got her tucked into bed.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I do hope your mom is feeling better, or will soon! Captain is beautiful, and I'm glad you shared his photo. I'm grateful for folks like you working "events", because it makes such a difference to the participants. Of course I also hope that YOU get a chance to ride more, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like pasta but it triggers me. I would eat it plain with butter if I had my way. You are no doubt a very important person. I know you are to me and others here. I make an effort to find you and Janet. You can't hide from me. LOL. I hope your mom has a speedy recovery. Old people fall as I well know.

    ReplyDelete