Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Snapshots

 I forget which primitive tribe refused to let visitors take their picture because they thought their soul would be captured in the photograph. If there’s any truth to that, we are doomed - just look at these two miserable sods:

This is the photo which Zach said I look PO’d, but I was trying to get Peran to quit making faces/sticking his tongue out. I was also concerned about my ability to hike it on back to Fort Pickens, but taking it slowly I managed…
Finally got Peran back in a kayak - as a teenager he won several trophies. I’ve been unsuccessful in convincing P that we ought to get a couple of these inexpensive plastic kayaks - they’d likely just gather dust in our overcrowded garage

But our official reopening day yesterday went smoothly - we had a slow steady trickle of clients. Still trying to get the office trailer hooked up as I’ve ordered several “wrong” power adapters, and they failed  to deliver our replacement water tank. The architect’s assistant is supposed to come out tomorrow to take photos and start sketching out plans for the remodeling of the workshop. And in another odd twist of fate, yoga guy Dan is moving BACK to Red Oak - actually taking the shopping center slot where my old gym used to be, where I investigated moving the clinic until city zoning restrictions boxed me out! Small world, huh?
I’m limping around after doing what I tell everybody else NOT to do - breaking up a dog fight last night when Tyson jumped on my poor Dum… but Tyson had him by the throat, there’s no doubt in my mind he would’ve killed him if I hadn’t broken it up - poor Dum bit me on the calf and thigh as we rolled around, he was fighting desperately to defend himself! Peran was standing around helplessly until I hollered for him to go get my medical bag and I shot Tyson full of tranquilizer to get him to let go. 
If only we had had a videographer, I could’ve gotten paid for my footage - at one point we rolled backwards down the steps, I hit my head & that scalp wound also bled quite a bit.
Zach of course did not answer the phone when I tried to call him in the aftermath but he’s either gonna have to come pick up his dog or I’m gonna put him in the freezer - I can’t have one that doesn’t play well with others.
Trigger warning: don’t break up dog fights!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I hosed off in the shower, took a pain pill, & went to bed early. Actually got some decent sleep!



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, I really had no choice unless I wanted to just stand there & watch dumb-ass Tyson choke poor Dum to death - all I did was bruise my hand when I punched the idiot! (and I was really trying to protect my hands)

      Delete
    2. I got between two pet rabbits one time. Their teeth were like razors and I think of the three of us, I had the worse injuries!

      Delete
  2. I'm a member of the primitive tribe who is afraid to have my picture taken. LOL. I take terrible pictures even when I was young and thin. I am not photogenic.

    I have never used a kayak but wanted a canoe for years and hubby always nixed that idea. I was decent with a canoe. My ex and I canoed down the Current River one year.

    So glad the reopening is behind you and you had people coming in.

    Tyson sounds like a dangerous pet. Zach needs to take care of his own pets, all of them, or give them to someone else who will. You look a mess. What if that had been you the dog had by the neck or a child? My MIL had a vicious dog that bit our son all the way through the finger. It's lucky to be alive. My FIL wanted to kill it. I love animals but not ones that don't love me back. If I were Zach I would be thinking about my responsibilities from now on and the effect they have on others, especially my devoted mother. Horrible ordeal. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Mr Tyson has definitely overstayed his welcome. He just ain't cut out to be a farm dog - the rules are simple: A.) don't chase the livestock (he failed at that the other day) and B.) get along with my other pets

      Delete
  3. Oh my! Yeah maybe not jump in next time? But I get it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the alternative would have been to stand by & watch Tyson slowly choke poor Dum to death, a slow, painful, miserable process! I had Peran searching for my handgun bcz if tranquilizers hadn't kicked in, I would've shot Tyson dead

      Delete
  4. I second OJ's "yikes", and also I might have done the same. Good thing you had the right drugs to loosen Tyson's grip. Only those who "play well with others" can stay there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Hope you heal fully and quickly, too!

    ReplyDelete