Friday, June 10, 2022

Life in Hell

 If I were clever enough, I’d paste an old Matt Groening cartoon here - before he created The Simpsons, he drew an oddball strip “Life in Hell” which I found very amusing. 


Easier for me to take a screenshot then to try to explain it - I apologize for the poor quality but this particular cartoon about sums up life for me right now. I am very discouraged
“Quit squirming” just about sums it up perfectly 
I took Zach to the foo-foo Italian Place downtown which was amazing  - however I was distressed by the fact he immediately wanted to drink himself into oblivion  -   I know it was his birthday and all but I still worry about these excessive tendencies of his. I wanted to talk to him seriously about potential plans for the clinic and so forth but this was impossible when he was impaired. He passed out in the car on the way home  & staggered to the couch. I fed the baby dragons  & dragged my own self home. Another night’s crappy sleep and now I’ve got to get through the workday - it truly is life in hell. We won’t even talk about the fact that my mother won’t let go of this concept of moving back into her home - I’m strongly tempted to throw my hands up and let her do what she wants. It isn’t like anybody else in the family is helping me  - I’m sure  they all think I’m a monster for taking her out of her home in the first place

1 comment:

  1. Yikes on Zach. I often wonder what my son is up to. Could be anything as he is not in contact.

    I doubt that anyone is thinking you are a monster for wanting your mom to be somewhere safe instead of floundering at home. She would not be satisfied there either - guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete