Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Here & Now

 I started to drift off into a reverie of how, 24 yrs ago, this was Z-man’s projected due date. I had planned my precious 3 wks of maternity leave around it, so my doctor wound up stripping my membranes to get the party (i.e. labor) started again on the 9th after a short stretch of labor pains stalled out…

Anyway, I need to concentrate on Present Day Problems/Challenges. Dwelling on past injustices is counterproductive, it isn’t as if I don’t have enough to worry about right now! I have had this weird discomfort in my chest (presumed pericarditis/myocarditis) so I’m gonna try “one mo’ time” to seek out a new, holistic MD - my riding buddy Susie had great things to say about her Dr Jennifer Edwards, a concierge practitioner who is down by Big Baylor (downtown Dallas). I’m gonna pay big bucks out of pocket anyway, so I might as well try this concierge model. Maybe I can get my phone calls returned at least!?!

Thursday evening I have made reservations for Z’s BD at a new’ish fancy Italian joint, high in the stratosphere of a Dallas skyscraper. Keeping my lip firmly zipped after telling Z I made reservations for a party of 4 - if he wants to invite P, that’s great - but A.) P will likely decline anyway, and B.) Z might rather have a couple of his friends, it’s HIS BD after all!

I anxiously await hearing from The Corporation if I had any success in pitching my Grand Scheme of having them buy the real estate while I retreat into being “merely” an employee - it sounds so relaxing to have managerial duties taken away from me! Especially these days as it is such a struggle with my time and energy - I have high hopes that I’m gonna recover from this nonsense, but right now life is a struggle, yo! What if this is “as good as it gets”?? (I really didn’t like that movie BTW)

And now I better get moving because, like it or not the workday is here - The realization dawned on me the other day how much I feel trapped in my current situation but there is literally no end in sight. As the famous Winston Churchill quote went: “When you’re going through hell, keep going!”

I know exactly what I need to do from a dietary standpoint to feel better,  so why do I keep poisoning myself with junk/fast food? Going for immediate gratification I guess


1 comment:

  1. Believe it or not, I went into labor on June 7 and had my labor stopped medically to get my preemie's lungs up to speed and received Pitocin on June 9 - delivered that day.

    I hope that pain is not what you think it is and that you can find a decent doctor. It seems impossible these days in my area. Lots of part timers - no continuity of care.

    I hope you hear something soon about your work offer.

    Would love to go to any restaurant at this point.

    ReplyDelete