Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Not Waving but Drowning

My anxiety was off the charts today... Finally achieved a small floating plateau of peacefulness after 3 g Bali, 1 Mudslide, & an hour & a half of Yin yoga. Don’t know if I could call those mild hallucinations? - brief visions of horrifying faces floating across the ceiling tiles as Nicki talked us through what was SUPPOSED to be our calming final meditation: some red-eyed hillbilly in a ball cap, morphing into another masculine creature... Sheesh.

Three Weeks Until Departure...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I wish I could bottle this feeling - the simple flow of health & well-being that comes from getting a good night's sleep!
I want to carefully retrace all my actions so PERHAPS I could have a repeat performance tonight...
A.) Made it by the gym if only for a brief 20-min session on elliptical; enough to work up a good sweat!
B.) A short ride last night - just so I could feel as though I was accomplishing something to offset my increasing anxiety about Tevis (3 wks + 1 d before departure!!??!!) - even though I didn't have to courage to undertake crupper-training (maybe tonight - that way if he bucks me off, I'll have my day off Thurs to recover ;-)!
C.) Probably the most important factor: stayed OFF the computer last night, so I went to bed early... 

  • vHOPEFULHIPPO
    that "computer" factor is pretty hard for me too! LOL
    3122 days ago

No comments:

Post a Comment