Sunday, January 20, 2019

Disquietude

So much recent research has stressed the importance of the GI biome - no doubt it IS important, supplementing w/probiotics on an “as-needed” basis has certainly helped ME - but also tends to make me shake my head sadly, as many seem to have disappeared up their own asses...
I never want to be one of those Little Old Ladies who charts my every BM & flatus. However, my gut  is still somewhat unsettled, makes me wonder how much of this uneasy feeling** IS to blame on dueling microbes? Last night I feared I had shart myself, but fortunately it was only a gaseous eruption - hopefully the last of a minor case of Delhi Belly (we took the boys out for Indian food Thurs night).
** nah, I certainly have Real Cause as I monitor Z’s tumultuous moods - from Ecstasy to Agony when he overlooked the registration fees & got himself booted from Navarro’s system. Thankfully All’s Well That Ends Well, he got himself reinstated Friday morning, logged on Friday night to redo his assignments in the nick of time before a midnight deadline...

Minus Six Weeks & Counting...

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Shopping for a new bathing suit yesterday was DISCOURAGING to say the least...
I still resemble nothing so much as a fireplug, just a solid mass of flesh from shoulders to hips. I feel a few tweaks of soreness in my back today: in the absence of my horse, I intensified my core workouts yesterday. (esp since the hotel's so-called "fitness center" was a pretty sad affair w/1 TM, 1 light-duty elliptical, & 1 stationary bike - & the treadmill was out of order!)
At least said flesh seems to be firming up a bit... 

"Minus Four Weeks & Counting: Time for Final Tune-Up"

Sunday, June 20, 2010

"There's still time" - this is the phrase I kept whispering to myself as the past couple of wks have passed in a frenzied maelstrom of activities w/my boy as my extremely precious Limited Summer-Time w/him drew to a close [I took him out to his father's yesterday for summer visitation - yep, looks like that man owes me ANOTHER favor!]
Quite frankly, I haven't worried too much about my diet or exercise plan - it reminds me of other snippets I've read... I don't want to be so obsessed by trying to peel off (oh, let's be optimistic here!) 8 more lbs before I clamber onto Baraq's poor narrow lil' back & try once more to conquer those Tevis trails - that I don't focus on the HERE & NOW.
(i.e. I'm not going to berate myself for sharing big buckets of movie popcorn, cheesecake on Z's B/D, or potato chips when we - shhh! - stayed up extra-late on his last night @ home for a while)
I only wish sometimes that I could time-travel to go give my 25-yr old self that message! Diets do nothing but wreck your metabolism, and there's a lot more to life than tracking the mileage I log w/my pounding footfalls on that treadmill at the gym...
One of my riding buddies had these helpful hints for riding in the heat; that's what I plan to do this afternoon after spending a lil' time w/dear ol' dad [Happy Father's Day!]
"First, I drink a bottle of water per hour. Next, I take S!Caps e'lytes designed for runners. Caplets, easy to carry. Then Cliff bars do well with me, and last, I carry a packet of Gu, or Powerbar gel to take if I get the funk. Today I popped a Tums when I started to feel just a tad bleh. If I am gonna be out away from a way to refill my water, I carry my bigger bottles that hold double. "
Now I have nothing left to distract me from these final preparations to achieve my goal. This ol' bod managed to haul in 100 bales of hay yesterday evening in 98-degree heat; who knows how far I can go?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment