Sunday, January 13, 2019

In Limbo

As I was commenting on another friend’s blog, as is often the case - an insight floated into my foggy consciousness: it’s as if I’m in limbo until something gets settled - the direction of my clinic, my son’s future, etc.
This amorphous uncertainty is maddening, but in the meantime I can sift through old posts from Spark People as I untangle my motivations...

I joined SparkPeople in the spring of 2010, hoping I’d found the solution to peel off a few pounds, improve my fitness, and get through the greatest challenge of endurance riding, the Tevis Cup.
*************************************************
“10 1/2 Weeks”
Tuesday May 10, 2010
Nope, better go elsewhere if you're looking for something salacious!
(The photo link didn’t come across)
This is the shrinking time frame until the Tevis ride... A cold chill went down my spine as I finished filling out my entry forms last week.
It's an awfully big commitment in time, money, & EFFORT for me to set myself up for another failure.
So I hereby commit to daily gym sessions as I work my way through my "Back Strengthening" book:
(Renew link later)
[Hmmm, no picture - I may try to post my own later!]

That's my Wynk in his prime, circa Y2K.  Let's hope your baby brother can fill your hoofprints.
(Blogger is not helping me out on these old photos!)

[I apologize for the sideways photos - those are old-school printed photos which I scanned in & I'm not tech-savvy enough to know how to rotate the images!]

Comment:
SERENITYKC
You are so focused on this ride, and that is a good thing. If you are like me, you find it easier to focus on health if there is a reason to do it. Back strength is probably VERY important for this long ride, so I'm impressed that you are working on it. You go, girl!
3169 days ago


No comments:

Post a Comment