Friday, April 26, 2024

“Everything Hurts & I Think I’m Going Blind”

 This is an old quote that somebody in one of my low-carb groups proclaimed years ago when they had overindulged:  “carboholic poisoning”,  let’s call it!

Yesterday I fasted for 21 hrs since I had lab work scheduled at 2 PM, then I held out for Victoria’s BD dinner last night. Her dad smoked some awesome baby-back ribs & sausage, and bought brisket from one of our local BBQ emporiums. I made deviled eggs & mashed taters, couldn’t resist some of the dessert items at Costco (chocolate tuxedo cake & flan). Adela always makes beans & rice, homemade salsa & guacamole. Best of all was the fact that Andy could eat, chewing on “the right side of his mouth” (many ironic puns were made) It was a great dinner, but I overindulged at the dessert buffet, so this morning I am feeling the myalgic effects of too much refined sugar. Possibly complicated by the good stretch Brittni laid upon me at my new PT place - The Stretch Zone. Basically a chiropractic model of care: they want you to come in once or twice weekly, but it reminds me of Thai yoga with assisted stretching. 

I’m getting a metabolic panel done through this other outfit that offers “lifestyle counseling” - it’s worth a try, at least it will be good to have a new set of bloodwork numbers. Doubtless they will try to sell me a pile of supplements; while I am open to try a few new things, I’ll politely refuse hormone replacement. (One of the people in my long Covid group feels they got good counseling/nutritional support from them)

https://www.lavalleperformance.com/about/







6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely was to end a fast, with a birthday party! Most of us in "my generation" truly get the side-effects of deviating from our regular diets! I'm currently on "the puppy diet" which really means I'm so busy training, caring for, or cleaning up after the young life, and balancing the needs of my geriatric kitty... well, I don't indulge in eating for non-hunger reasons, and I keep healthy stuff in the house, so there we have it. I've actually dropped about 8 pounds while the puppy gained about seven!

    And my throwing arm is getting minimally stronger... from tossing chuck it balls in the direction of the woodpecker hole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have carboholic poisoning and it has to stop soon.

    Happy birthday to Victoria. I am a Taurus too and, if I remember right, Zach is a Virgo (June 9th ?) which famous astrologist/witch/psychic Sybil Leek considered the best romantic combo in the universe. Benny is a Virgo. My best friend from childhood and he share a birthday. I get along very well with Virgos.

    My kind of menu!

    And Victoria has some gigantic Texas hooters! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our dear Victoria is definitely of the Dolly-Parton like persuasion of "Flaunt it if you've got it!"
      I myself would want the occasional male to look me in the eye "Up here!" but that's just my repressive Catholic upbringing I guess

      Delete
    2. ROFLMBO. I am not exactly flat-chested myself but never really was into the full display mode. Not sure if it was Baptist upbringing or that I just didn't want to attract too many buzzards. At a family picnic one of my first husband's brother's wives showed up showing a massive amount of cleavage. My ex was totally freaking out privately to me. He was worried what his mom and grandma might think who he considered Gods. The picnic table was packed and I sat across from Granny who I observed taking in the full display as Dolly sat next to me. My ex sat on the other side of me perched at the end of the bench and was wiggling and babbling, unable to control his near hysteria. Granny looked at "Dolly" and said, "Don't your tits get cold like that?" My ex fell off the end of the bench. No one laughed but me. LOL.

      Delete
    3. Now that I am not so sleep deprived (I was practically in a coma last night) I just realized that Zack is a Gemini. Which I also get along well with.

      Delete
    4. My dear departed friend Janis was a serious student of astrology. I find it interesting but really don’t take it all that seriously - a lot of it consists of generalities that could apply to anybody or any situation! I’m on the cusp between Aquarius and Pisces (depends on whose calendar you follow: some say the 19th and some say the 20th) but I consider myself a Pisces

      Delete