Monday, July 17, 2023

Fort Stanton Photo Dump

 My tail was draggin’ by the time I slogged through my Monday; while I want to wax philosophical about my last Return On Investment entry, I don’t think I have enough neurons firing. So I’ll select my best photos while meditating upon my 2-decade history of Time in Ft Stanton.

It is bizarre how this iPad fails to post my photos in the order selected, but I’ll start with my (day off) Friday expedition to the Monjeau fire tower: “This lookout is the second on this spot and was constructed in 1940 using the ‘rustic style’. Monjeau is considered the most unique lookout in the Southwest. The original lookout had a 0-6 cupola ground house constructed in 1936 by the Civilian Conservation Corps. This lookout was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.”
      Way down yonder is my humble truck; I’m glad I went early so I only met one vehicle going up and three coming back down on the narrow rocky mountain road 
                                                           The view from the parking area
            A beautiful double rainbow was visible Wed night after scattered showers drifted by
                                                      Back to the view from Monjeau Tower

                                             Views from the tower were absolutely magnificent 
                                                    Ready to rock n’ roll Saturday morning 
                                                 Selfie with Christina & the Muzzle of B-boy
25 years of friendship yet this was our first official event to ride together (Carla is a hardcore NATRC/competitive trail rider who has only done a handful of endurance rides)


3 comments:

  1. What a great photo dump. I'm definitely partial to the double rainbow with horse and tall grass terrain. So many great views!

    Rest up and philosophize when you have the energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fort Stanton is beautiful! Love the lookout! I don't like narrow rocky mountain roads though. I love double rainbows! Looks like an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete