Monday, August 8, 2022

Many Moving Parts

 My life feels like one of those intricate interconnected “busywork” machines - a lot of plates to keep spinning, or bowling pins to juggle!

In an ironic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing, TXDoT is bringing increasing pressure to bear to get me out of my clinic, way before the verbal agreement I had with the engineering firm which was October 30th. I just emailed the attorney who helped me broker this final deal, but who was not present when we actually signed off on the paperwork - it seems so simple and straightforward, neither one of us thought he was needed! But now I understand why some people get in a frenzy to sue-sue-sue! I would like to sue them for mental distress, for breach of contract, for lost income, you name it…

I’m picking up the mobile unit August 24, but the surgical trailer won’t be ready until the end of September (and that’s presuming everything stays on schedule). I plan to strip out all usable items from the clinic, probably buying one of those shipping containers to use as temporary storage. In typical bureaucratic fashion, the city of Ferris is dragging its heels, so I think I will have to zero in on the workshop property which will need a water source. For the short term I will need a safe and secure place to park the mobile unit & surgery trailer - I may ask for special dispensation to park it off the town square in Ferris so people can find me easier and hopefully won’t have to worry about vandalism.

An all-too-brief but welcome distraction was going to the trail ride last weekend - Mr. Bo performed like a champ outside of a minor problem with being caught when I turned him out in a pen. “3 for 3” - 3 good rides, zero accidents. I was reminded there’s no escape from life‘s problems when one of my roommates was receiving frantic calls from her mother Saturday night about her 86-year-old father, who needs to go on hospice care. I really felt for her, but there was no point to her pulling up stakes & charging home Sat night. She stayed and rode with us Sunday morning -  it turned out she had a blowout on one of her trailer tires on her way home, so it’s a good thing she was not hauling in the middle of the night - these things are  awful enough in broad daylight. 









4 comments:

  1. Glad you got to go riding.

    Offer to sue them for all the things you listed. They have no good reason to pressure you to get out early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for you. What you needed for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pleasure, a trail ride with others you know. Congrats on the 3 for 3 with Mr. Bo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would proceed with your plans as best you can. They sound well thought out. TexDot needs to cool it's jets.

    The trail ride looked awesome! You can feel the fun! More of that!

    ReplyDelete