Saturday, August 22, 2026

We Couldn’t Save the Cheerleader

 I was saddened to hear of Hayden Panettiere‘s death yesterday. Zach & I whiled away many hrs working our way through the “Heroes” saga back in the day - I liked it so much I even bought the set of DVDs…

 A prophetic tweet:

Oh my god, bad things happen. People cheat, spouses die. Sure this path led to divorce, but who is to say some other one would have had a magical happily ever after? 

My aunt married the love of her life, had two kids, and he abruptly died of cancer at 42. Should she have chosen someone else who wouldn’t get cancer? 

It is the same concept. People change, they fall out of love, they make bad decisions, they sometimes just die. Nobody gets a magic do over, so what is the point in wasting time lamenting the decisions that were made? It is over! It happened! There is only today and tomorrow. 

I can’t change what was, and there is no way whatsoever to know if a different decision would have led to a better outcome. It is all just fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment