(I realize I’ve used some version of “restart” multiple times as a title for previous posts)
Thankfully, I feel as if I’m beginning to emerge from that black sweltering cloud of depression I’ve been encased by over this past week - accompanied by an uptick in COPD symptoms which I hope have been aggravated by this hot, dry weather & seasonal allergies (worsened shortness of breath & a “heaviness” in my chest which isn’t exactly pain, but isn’t exactly comfortable either). I attended my final session of PT last Thursday; I now need to commit to some sort of gym for “accountability” since I don’t seem to be consistent enough, trying to do exercises at home…
But my Monday is off to a good start: I awakened at 6 AM & instead of grumpily rolling over & bedding down with the little dogs for another hour, I rolled out & did a little light yoga which is wonderful for ye olde mood! I expected next-to-nothing** from DS & that’s exactly what I received, although admittedly I was a little disappointed to have a small flag of opportunity dangled before me which was then snatched away…
** Z called me around midday on Saturday & seemed a little perturbed that I had carried on with my plans to take friend Toni to her grandson’s Pee-Wee football game - “Call me when you’re done Mom”, which I did. I called him at 5 PM; he was finishing up grocery shopping & said he’d call me back. Z then called me at 7 PM to invite me to a movie at 7:45 - the problem is, I was about an hour away! I offered to jump in the car immediately - I theoretically could’ve gotten there just as the previews were finishing, but Z changed lanes & said maybe we would go tomorrow (i.e. Sunday). Then of course, when I called him mid-afternoon yesterday to see if we potentially had any plans, he backed out. So I see how things are gonna be - a last-minute invitation still counts, don’t it??
“Relax, don’t do it - when you want to go to it“
No comments:
Post a Comment