… yet you expect none of it to splash back or sicken you?!? It is REDDIT, after all!!! You were just damn lucky that neither of your previous “Girl Dinner Diary” entries caught anyone’s attention.
If only my poor little ol’ iPad were cooperative**, I would copy & paste but I’ll have to do it on the desktop mañana. ** this device has more sense than you - it won’t even link up to Reddit anymore!
Let me wring my hands in glee as the evil Boomer boymom. I freely admit I don’t approve of my DIL & it’s not because no one is good enough for my boy - I didn’t want to type so much backstory that people gave up on reading it, but “I have my reasons” with my Piscean intuition being first & foremost. (AI my ass - no, “those boomers just write like that”! you mean, in a literate manner??) I’ll suppress my evil cackling as I say AckTuaLLy, I am an old Gen X’er; maybe even Gen Jones dependent on how fine you want to split them hairs!
*************************************************************
I haven’t had good feelings about my son‘s GF/fiancée/new wife from the get-go. (they’ve been together for 4 yrs, engaged for 2.5, married 6 mos ago)
From what I could see, their relationship seemed supremely unbalanced: with Z turning himself inside out to please her, yet never quite measuring up?
I flat-out told him a few months ago that V seemed to have an unrealistic view of what their life should be: very few can live life as an unending sequence of nice vacations, elaborate shopping trips, & fine dining. Between the two of them, they have amassed a crushing load of credit card debt…
Then Z laid down The New Rules: basically I must wait for an invitation & let V take the lead in establishing our relationship. Understood! Last night I got a taste of what this new configuration will be - Z called me to invite me to a movie which was starting in 45 minutes. The problem is, I live an hour away. Whoopsie! Z dangled the possibility of catching a movie this evening like you’d tease yr dog w/a toy, but subsequently backed out.
So I can foresee how this is going to be: last-minute invitations can mean that V gets credit for “trying” & can plead confusion thereafter when Things Just Aren’t Working Out…
In a way, this is a relief bcz there has been lots of drama - gotta let these young adults handle they own lives, amirite?!?
Nevertheless, I’m soothing my anxiety with Tex-Mex
[LET THE PILE-ON BEGIN!!!]
(I'll start with the favorable comment:)
Girl, you picked the worst forum to share this lol. The only thing this forum hates more than middle aged and elderly women is middle aged and elderly mothers of boys and men.
There is nothing you can do about this. It's his mistake to make—let him have at it.
[After that, most of it was clueless youngsters decrying me as the MIL from Hell, aka the Evil BoyMom]
Yikes. Girl...Um....I need some context.
EDIT: I'm questioning whether this post is real or not. It sounds like boymom ragebait fanfiction ngl. Okay. I just saw her previous posts/comments on her profile This post is a bit more believable now. Oh boy.
Yeah, it reads a lot like a typical overbearing mom who is leaving a lot about her behavior out. The kids are grown. Let them live their lives. The DIL and the son can read her dripping contempt a mile away and are acting accordingly.
[The 'dripping contempt' with which I have tried to advise & support them, alrighty then!?!]
This person actually does make a few good points:
YOUR son is choosing this. Your son chose that woman. Your son spent that money. Your son. Your. Son.
This woman isn’t doing anything except being the woman HE CHOSE.
You only have the option to drive him away or play ball girlie girl. My husband didn’t talk to his parents for two years because they didn’t like me. That’s her husband now. It’s their lives. Let them live it and find out where you fit in.
[I will be bookmarking this post to see where we stand in another year or two]
No comments:
Post a Comment