Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Susurrations

  When I hit the hay last night, I could hear my own heartbeat, mildly accelerated but quite noticeable when I put in my earplugs. At first I thought it was the ceiling fan!

It took me a long time to get to sleep; I couldn’t help thinking of another cyber-friend of mine - I found her low-carb blog years ago. Tess was trying to treat her hypothyroidism with a Paleo-style diet. She refused to take thyroid supplementation, eventually slipped into heart failure and died. I believe she was around 65?

Whaddaya know? Her blog is still up - I guess it really is true what they say about the Internet being forever - I enjoyed her anecdotes as well as her recipe section.

http://tesspaleojourney.blogspot.com/

One of Fort Stanton’s past uses was as a sanitarium for the Merchant Marines - while I like to fantasize about making a healing trek out there myself, I’ve got to use these four days to get a lot done. If I don’t find a place to relocate, I need to hold a Big Fire Sale (figuratively burning everything down), fold my tent, and start looking for relief gigs. Kinda sad to think that I can’t lean on P (what happened to that “in sickness & in health” clause?) but he’ll hardly stay in the same room as me - I’m certain he won’t want to support this entire hobby farm plus an invalid wife, let along offering any support to stepson or “bonus son” Alex (the lovebirds are gonna try to spread their wings in their own apartment since Alex landed an $18/hr warehouse job). Yes, I’ve been helping Alex fill in the cracks here & there.

Speaking of work, it ain’t gonna wait on me today, better get after things.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when imaginings and symptoms gang up on you! Sending supportive vibes for rest & recuperation your way, and well as the oomph to "get after things" as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find a place soon.

    Reading about Tess sort of made me even feel vulnerable and I don't even have thyroid trouble. She certainly posted lots of recipes. I had a friend of Atkins who died of heart failure too. You are good to P, Z, and Alex and it's time they were all good to you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete