Thursday, July 14, 2022

Amarillo by Morning

 (Not really; en route to Ft Stanton that would mean swinging a little too far north - but “Abilene” doesn’t have quite the same ring to it!)

By all rights I ought to be approaching the far Western aspect of the Texas Panhandle by now, that broad flat plain stretching before me. I think it’s a nice relaxing drive, but that decision has been made - I’m in no shape to make that haul, not with all I need to do around here.

A.) call cardiology center because if by some miracle they have a opening or cancellation today or tomorrow I surely would like to get that echocardiogram done. Still feeling pretty crappy!

B.) see if my chiropractic acupuncturist can work me in today at my usual time - while I had told them I’d be out of town, I hope Dr. H still has time for me. I haven’t seen any huge benefits from these sessions but I need to feel as if I’m doing “something”.

C.) go by clinic to perform that constant routine of life - 2nd quarter sales taxes! - and scrape together a few other facts n’ figures for my CPA, can’t escape those Big Bad Federal Income Taxes either

It doesn’t do to dwell too much on “what might have been” - I hate the fact that I missed dear Roger’s memorial service yesterday (I couldn’t have made it there in time for that even under the best of circumstances), but at least I could peruse my friends’ pictures on FB.



I love that  “Quit farting around” motto - I FEEL SEEN!!!and I also knew that Sue was Roger’s second wife;  her daughters Becky and Peggy were adopted by him and raised as his own daughters. I now have several riding-buddy widows  - ladies whose older husbands have passed away;  most of them have stayed out on the trails!


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you can't be there "in person" and one of the blessings of "on line" is being able to particate remotely. Hope things go well with the medical appointments and the (ugh) tax paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all the medical stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like most women still outlive their man even when their man is younger than them. Sad. I'm encouraged to see many of them soldiering on according to what you said. Who wants to sit around waiting for the Grim Reaper to arrive. I hope you can be seen very soon by someone.

    ReplyDelete