Thursday, July 28, 2022

Serendipity

 I will explain why I HATE this word, but there have been several events recently which I will reluctantly term “serendipitous”: a fortunate coincidence, somewhat related to “luck” but sounding more intellectual & fancy, dontcha think??

A.) finally having a Zoom meeting with Ferris city officials this afternoon to hear what they may or may not offer me as incentive to bring my veterinary clinic to their locale - fingers crossed that they will assure me I can get city water to that workshop property I want to purchase.

B.) I found an older mobile vet unit which we can use as temporary headquarters as our new place is being prepared - The only drawback is that it’s in Pensacola FL but hey, I’ve driven past there - it’s about 11 hours so I can hop a flight and drive it back to Texas. The serendipitous coincidence is that it is owned by an outfit which does medical & surgical facility design, kind of a counterpart to the guy I’ve been talking to here in Texas who will help us design my new office (they have no real connection, I just found it interesting to talk to him & he was certainly all-in when he knew I was a legitimate buyer: he is having new tires, a new back-up camera and new flooring installed in the unit since I won’t be able to get out there until the end of August) hopefully I can persuade Zach to go with me - we could conceivably have one day on Pensacola Beach and drive back the next.

C.) I gave a stack of portable fence panels to my friend Christina and her husband since they recently moved to her MIL’s acreage near Paris (Texas, that is - not France!) I will be planning to move what is feasible, sell off and salvage the rest in a more or less scorched-earth policy as I leave my clinic behind. This reminds me to call my HVAC man to see if it is practical to move my not-terribly-old unit to our new facility? He’s a long-term client so hopefully I can get him to store it for me as well if there is a delay in installation. Lots of moving parts here!
I wish my energy levels were better but at least my cardiac scan was normal, so we will be doing some pulmonary function testing to try to diagnose my fatigue, shortness of breath and exercise intolerance.
I’ve already scheduled my CT and MRI scans with Texas Oncology.



Izzy is helping out as much as she can!!!
And I realized that I failed to explain my strong dislike for the term “serendipity”: She Who Shall Not Be Named had a mare named “Serendipity” (yeah I know,  pretty damn pretentious for a backyard Texas ranch horse, huh?) - but as it turned out, she named the mare that in her sickeningly sweet explanation of how she found her “soulmate” - yeah you guessed it, my ex!  That bitch was way too old and wrinkled to be carrying on like some lovestruck teenager - when I came across some of her notecards it was really sickening.

3 comments:

  1. LOL on your last paragraph!

    Things might be starting to kook up for you! Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, until I got to the last paragraph I was imagining all sorts of reasons to dislike a word. I, for example, have a "hate on" against the word "utilize". Talk about pretentious! What's wrong with "use"? But when I read your last paragraph, it's a lot better reason to dislike a word. LOL!

    Meanwhile, congrats on your progress with the van and the "stuff" situation... welcome to our end of the life spectrum, huh?

    Hope you have a good weekend and week ahead, and that things continue looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would choose a name for their horse related to their stealing a pregnant woman's husband? Gross. What a slut! I feel sorry for her horse. I am happy that you shed yourself of your ex, who, in my opinion, was a total loser. He is in contention for worst father of the past century and his serendipitous slutski is in contention for worst mom and step mom of all time. They should both be listed as negatives if you are thinking about relocating to Texas.

    My cousin, who was my best friend growing up, moved to Pensacola. I love the Florida Panhandle. Even one day on the beach would be awesome.

    Come on Ferris!! Pony up!!

    I think having a mobile vet unit would be a great asset even after you had a clinic.


    ReplyDelete