Friday, May 3, 2019

W.I.D.T.H.

I wonder why I put myself on this treadmill of Every Weekend Booked Up with activities - this weekend’s MS150, next weekend another ride (you’re not going to get off so easy, Miss Scarlotta - the 3rd try’s gonna be the charm), and then diving into moving Z into what I hope will be his new living quarters for at least 4-5 years... Even though he’s already talking Big Plans of “flipping” it! Patience, my son... Let Mom catch her breath!

Back from Vacation...

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

...which as usual is a "downer", although it shouldn't be.
I proved on this lil' trip some of the amazing things this ol' bod is capable of: we snorkeled at Balmorhea www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spd
est/findadest/parks/balmor
hea/ 
, hiked at Ft Davis & Enchanted Rock... And the strangest factoid of all: my weight stayed EXACTLY THE SAME.

Again as usual, I took most of the photos & stayed out of range myself most of the time, but my boy wanted a picture of me atop Enchanted Rock... Actually not a horrible picture since I have the barest hint of a waistline! It bolsters my hopes.

Upper Modesta Canyon trail, Ft Davis. We missed a turn & had to hike an extra mile but finally made it to the highest point on the trail, Clayton's Overlook.

I had lots of time to think as we drove hundreds of miles across Texas to get to our destinations, but it all boils down to making the most of the limited slice of my boy's childhood I have left to spend w/him...
(One humorous fact: this year, my boy could only stay in the chilly waters for 45 min or so - & I explained the only difference is that since he's lost his baby fat & packed on muscle, he has no insulation! Whereas I was good to go until my face needed a rest from the snorkeling mask... There is a benefit to having a layer of blubber for insulation ;-)!

My skinny boy at the WWII museum in Fredericksburg (an awesome & awe-inspiring exhibit BTW) 

No comments:

Post a Comment