Thursday, May 9, 2019

A Steeplechase

...is what my life continues to feel like, as I gallop randomly towards my next obstacles:
A.) passport office for Z
B.) sort out fees at Navarro
C.) close on house
I’m relieved that Last Hoorah has been rescheduled due to all this damned rain; it gives me a little breathing space to perhaps truly enjoy my Mother’s Day weekend, as we start to move stuff into the house & have all THAT fun! But I am excited for Z & Joey; I hope this turns out to be a positive step towards his growth & development.
(JK - I myself HATE moving)

The Failure of Intuition...

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Well those 5 lbs that I was blaming on perimenopause/bloat/excessive sodium intake do appear to be REAL...
Which leaves me w/a gigantic Q: just what the hell IS going on w/my metabolism??!!??
It defies all rationality:
A.) My eating habits have been reasonable
B.) I've actually increased my average gym attendance; doing "something" on most days (& a hell of a lot on a few days!)
The only variable I have not been able to control is my stress level - being dragged into the 3-ring circus which is the self-destruction of my BIL's marriage has been like a bad rollercoaster. Hubby & I are sniping at each other: certainly he's going to side w/his brother, while my natural sympathies (barring abuse or neglect) are going to align w/the mother. Brings back bad memories for me of MY ugly divorce/subsequent custody battle.
It's a mess.
So obviously I need to concentrate on that which is within my control - which is my own diet, sleep patterns, & exercise habits. Gotta take care of Number One! 

Continuing to Ride the High Plateau...

Monday, September 13, 2010

I like to skim my old blog entries for inspiration - but oh, if only I had known in May that instead of reaching the edge of this plateau, I would skirt even HIGHER!
I probably would have metaphorically hurled myself into the abyss.
This is weird, though: last Thurs was "Diuresis Day" - seemed as though I had to urinate every hour-on-the-hour. You might THINK I'd have dropped some water weight, but this morning I remain EXACTLY THE SAME @ 216.7 lbs. (Those stubborn 5 lbs hangin' in there)
The shame & humiliation as I raced to the toilet - these days, w/my weak bladder, I must "heed the call" or wet myself - as I yanked the waistband of my panties over the shelf of my bloated abdomen, where they caught each & every time! I was hoping against hope that at least those scales would budge ever so slightly.
Day One of alternate-day fasting has already been scratched - when my associate called last night to report she wouldn't be here today; her mother took a fall & fractured a spinal vertebra (osteoporosis) - I knew it was going to be a true Monday the 13th!
& if I'm working hard, I have to EAT, so I'll log today's food choices just to monitor myself. winningtheobesitybattle.
wordpress.com/ 

So onward I trudge, through the fog... 

These Bedtime Battles...

Thursday, September 16, 2010

...w/my son may just be the death of me. If nothing else, I know they're a deep & abiding point of STRESS (hello high cortisol levels!)...
Now that he's a big ol' 7th grader, my boy doesn't think he needs to go to bed at a decent hour (9 PM is my ideal but that NEVER happens; I aim for 9:30 if I'm lucky but most nights it's more like 10 PM). Unfortunately he seems to have inherited his father's tendency to be able to do alright on (comparatively) little sleep - there will come a point (age 14? 15??) when I will resign him to his fate, but I still feel a duty at this age to ensure he at least gets 8 hrs/night!
Wish I could say the same, but as usual I'm often lying awake at 2 or 3 AM, worrying about circumstances that a lot of the time are NOT under my control. (employees, family & ex-husband issues)
However, my diet & exercise levels absolutely ARE, & I'd like to understand why at this point I seem determined to regain every ounce of the hard-fought 10 lbs I've lost since last Sept?!?
What on earth compels me to eat crap food when I know full well I'll be bloated & miserable? then I punish myself even further by jumping on the scale & confirming yes, I'm still holding steady! I suppose I should be grateful that I haven't gained any MORE in these past 2 wks, but if nothing else I know my sweet lil' pony would appreciate a lighter workload... 




No comments:

Post a Comment