Wednesday, May 8, 2019

The Slippery Slope

...may have been initiated last night as Mom frantically called me after Dad wandered out of the house & fell on the concrete driveway. I was really hoping by calling the paramedics that I could at least generate a short stay of respite care for Mom, but the fall apparently “knocked some sense” into Dad, as he was the soul of lucidity, vociferously denying that he needed to be transported to the hospital! That was the most excitement he’s had since the house filled with visitors for his BD party 9 days ago. But he’s bruised & scraped up, which I’m sure will catch up to him today & tomorrow.
The worst of my DOMS has faded away, while the carb bloat & swelling recede. Almost back to baseline after my 9th or 10th go at the MS150 - “half-ass” (74 mi) ain’t half bad, considering no more training than I did.

Counterproductive...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

is the conclusion I'm left w/after trying to log food entries for just ONE LOUSY DAY!

The root of the problem is that I STILL primarily think of food when it comes to rewarding myself - the problem is multiplied manyfold when I am tired & stressed out.

So last night I saw no reason not to stop & get that order of onion rings when I had a few free moments as I rushed to pick up son from karate...Also still punishing myself for poor choices at lunchtime:

I saw RO's appetizing pic of Panera & had the time at lunch to drive over there, so made another poor choice to "reward" myself w/Mediterranean veggie sandwich & French onion soup (960 cal if memory serves). I was completely overwhelmed by carb-overload backlash of fatigue on the way back - had to pull over & take a short nap instead of planned gym visit!

According to SP's nutrition tracker, that put me @ 2035 cal & gave me the green light in all categories for total calories, protein, fat, & carb consumption. So why did I feel so crappy?

(Because I exceeded my optimal calorie count by more than 500 - also failed miserably at keeping total carbs less than 100 - SP counted 238. Live & learn, I guess. Or THINK before you eat!) 

Back to Where I Started From...

Monday, August 16, 2010

I knew it was too good to be true, when the (nice) gym scale showed me @ 206 last Friday...

My (realistic) scale here @ work gave me The Truth this AM: 211.7, putting me Right Back Where I Started From - I refuse to add up the weeks I've been stuck on this plateau, it's too depressing. What do I expect when things like my parents' 60th anniversary dinner come up: I know that's no excuse to go hog wild but dammit folks, I'm not going to sit at Outback Steakhouse requesting a dry-grilled fish filet & no-oil-added veggies!
(I had a salad w/bleu cheese dressing, 2 small pieces of their brown bread w/yes, judicious dabs of REAL BUTTER, the tilapia w/crabmeat stuffing, & sauteed veggies. A very satisfying meal w/which I drank plain ice water - an easy choice since we were dining w/my teetotaling cousins!)
Anyway, life's too short... at least I only drank protein shakes for my other two meals of that day, & felt just fine. I've been reading some interesting material about "alternate-day fasting" which is supposed to help retool one's metabolism - of course my excuse TODAY is that it's my son's last Summer Day before school starts up TOMORROW, so I'm going to have lunch w/him. I can always go for Tues/Thurs/Sat instead of Mon/Wed/Fri this week.
Getting below my next small step - below 210 - will be a great motivator. 

Rock Bottom?

Monday, August 30, 2010

I'd like to think that I hit rock bottom last week when I did my sprints on the TM - feeling all of my excess flesh jiggling around, all the way up to my cheeks!
It was fairly horrifying**, but didn't make a substantive impact on my ongoing Poor Eating Choices. I still seem determined to try different foods in every Bad Combination, until I finally learn What to Eat & What NOT to Eat!
**Very relieved that I had the gym all to myself - so no one else had to witness The Horror that is a Fat Girl sprinting on a high-speed treadmill.
Also sick of having these hormonal fluctuations typical of my normal cycle, followed by... NADA! I've been bloated, achy & miserable for a week now, but it doesn't look like my monthly visitor's going to show up. (Don't worry, there's no way I'm pregnant  emoticon)
So I went riding, took my son & his friends to the waterpark last weekend as planned - obviously I have to want things to change a little harder, or else make peace w/this reality once & for all

No comments:

Post a Comment