Monday, May 20, 2019

Sorry Not Sorry

...to be back at baseline again, 3 d of progress erased by one celebratory meal at the Brazilian steakhouse! (a 3-lb rebound)
But I’ll never regret any offer to socialize w/mah boy - even though I know it’s bcz I was picking up the check. I DO regret slugging down 2 cups of coffee which resulted in a poor night’s sleep. Back to the order of bizness today (IF/LC)

Something's Gotta Give...

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Can't blame hormones/water retention/increased muscle mass (as I palpate my protruberant abdomen)/constipation - or the moon, stars, & planets for that matter! This 7-lb weight gain is REAL.

Damn.

I wish I knew what it was about committing to any sort of a regimented program that seems to bring out the worst in me... Who do I think I'm fooling anyway? The scales don't lie.

Nevertheless, I gave myself a day off yesterday, for R & R after a hectic MONTH (where did Sept go anyway?) & I take the time to think a few Deep Thoughts, such as: Where WILL you be in 5 yrs? I pulled this inspirational passage off another blog in my aimless surfing:

"It's about what you believe, and more importantly, it's about the actions you take to create, or to change, what you believe that matters.

Actions lead sometimes.

Actions lead sometimes and then our beliefs follow.

And then it's all synergy baby.

Momentum.

And it's up to us whether those actions, beliefs, and momentum are positive or negative.


It's up to me.


Should I, in the long-term, succeed or fail, I will always know, and be absolutely correct, that the fact is... it's only ever been up to me.

I choose to acknowledge the truth that this is a process."



Edit Blog Entry   |   Delete Blog Entry
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog
  • vFUNFROG79
    I've always heard, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon when talking about weight loss. I hear and relate to your frustration, my scale is getting ready to be thrown out the window if I gain one more pound after busting my arse! Hang in there! emoticon
    3155 days ago

No comments:

Post a Comment