Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Countdown to Tevis

An endless barrage of posts & photos assault my consciousness on social media (FB most especially) as we count down these last few days before the Tevis Cup ride...
I suppose I would be best served by turning away, but I guess “it hurts so good” - after all, my original reason for joining SP was to peel off a few lbs to give myself the best shot at a successful return attempt at Tevis... That was 9 yrs ago.

1 lb? I'll take it...

Thursday, September 30, 2010

At least it's a small start, getting back on the path again.
But it's really sad to read of someone "beating back temptation" by rejecting a cookie: instead of admiration, I feel pity...
I realized yesterday that I would do better if I could plan my short sessions of lunchtime R & R (pack a salad, for instance), instead of scanning the local fast-food joints for something outside the nutritional wasteland that constitutes the SAD (Standard American Diet).
I need to quit treating normal appetite as a character flaw! Hell, I'm GOING to get hungry & I'm GOING to have to eat something - I just need to provide myself w/healthier choices...
Obviously the alternate-day partial fast is NOT going to work w/me, since I have to maintain strength, good attitude, & energy throughout my hectic workday.
So for now I'd better get back into it!

Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • vDRAFTLOVER
    I need to start taking my lunch as well. Or at least "planning" ahead what Im going to eat. So heres to us making Healthier Choices !!  emoticon emoticon
    3236 days ago
  • vJESSSPARK
    Yeah, fasting is not really a healthy option. Good for you for getting healthier choices!
    3239 days ago
  • vFUNFROG79
    You can do this! emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment