Thursday, March 21, 2024

Just the Clues, Holmes

 Gripping my coffee cup as I puzzle out what unlikely series of events culminated in the best night’s sleep I’ve had in quite a while? I certainly ain’t complaining, but I’d like to pinpoint the pertinent factors so I can duplicate this feat!

I got three injections yesterday over lunchtime at the mobile supplement clinic: B12, their “immune booster” complex (glutathione, Vit C, zinc), and an amino acid cocktail. https://bodyshopwellness.rocks/b12-lipo-facts-and-info/

I joked with the nurse to juice me up because I had a lot to do! A farm call, and then I trekked across town last night to see my son - I will never pass up an opportunity in which he offers to have dinner with mom. (He wanted to introduce me to their Chinese joint which makes soup dumplings that are really really good) We then drove around the corner to visit the Mustangs of Las Colinas, bronze sculptures of a mustang herd which gallop through a fountain in the central plaza. Zach’s father started out working for Dallas County in the Las Colinas Maintenance District as they were building the infrastructure for this suburban development. We spent our wedding night at the Mandalay (now bought out by Omni) - a generous gift from my parents. Such bittersweet memories!

https://anniversary.lascolinas.org/

Victoria’s shifts have changed: she was previously covering an 11 AM - 11 PM shift, but now is working 3 PM - 3 AM. I don’t envy her - that’s brutal! - but I am certainly the beneficiary when my son wants company on a springtime night. I regret I finally had to tell him mommy has to go home - next time, I may pack my overnight bag 😉. (JK, I wouldn’t want to intrude on the “newlyweds” - after a few initial potholes, they seem to be enjoying their life in Irving) 

So, loading up on high-potency supplements, indulging in Chinese food, pleasant conversation & a little light exercise hiking around with my son = a good night’s rest. Ain’t complaining!





7 comments:

  1. What a lovely combination, Val! Good sleep, good vitamins, good company, and great equine art! It's the moments like this, strung together, that make up a life that is worth living, right?

    Condolences to Victoria on the shift work. I used to work a much shorter shift that started in the afternoon, all through my pregnancy with my son (yeah, 40 years ago)... and he came out with odd sleeping habits as an infant. Not complaining, mind you... I prize those memories, and kids somehow turn out OK in spite of the bumps along the way.

    (( hugs )) and wishes for more good days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am always on the search for a good night's sleep. I never know what works other than exhaustion and having less stress. The injections you are getting certainly would in my opinion.

    Your evening with Zach sounded great. I would have loved the food and the sculptures.

    Ugh on the 3pm to 3am shift. I always hated nights. Never could get used to them. I worked all shifts as a nurse. Preferred days.

    Glad the couple is getting along well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to follow a good cyber-friend who had all kinds of tricks up her sleeves to manage working night shift, but I believe over the years it finally broke her. (Just checked her Twitter acct but she hasn’t posted for almost a year - I need to do a blog recap; she was an unofficial low-carb/keto guru for me. I know you can’t really “know” someone by their online persona, but her apparent nervous breakdown on social media was/is very disturbing to me. Look up starcrunch46 if you dare! NSFW)

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sad about your friend. I would not dare to look up Starcrunch. I will take your word for it. It is always sad to see a friend disintegrate. My friends normal get rid of me prior to them going off the deep end. I assume they don't want someone around who will insist that they take the lifeline, which I would. Almost everyone encounters rough patches in their lives but most of us don't jump off the cliff. I'm a fighter and expect everyone around me to join in too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she blocked me from her blog & deleted her original Twitter account when a few of us tried to gently reason with her. But now here comes up-close-&-personal family drama to divert me from any digressions into my history w/Starcrunch. I didn't dare type anything (yet) bcz I'm tired, my patience is thin & it probably would have come out as a string of curse words!

      Delete
    2. My best friend who lived here moved away and later moved back and didn't contact me. Great way to let someone know they are not loved. I did a lot for her. I hope things have calmed down on the home front. HUGS!

      Delete
    3. (I posted my update this AM with minor revisions for clarity) But I know whatcha mean about feeling unloved :-(

      Delete