Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Sleep Analysis

 My 3-day leap across 5 time zones still has me a little messed up. I seem to be using my FitBit (souvenir of my graduated-exercise study) mostly to squint at my sleep patterns - but I really couldn’t say whether this is helpful, or my own version of obsession? On the night I flew to London, my device reported that I napped for 2 hrs 45 minutes which fits my miserable memory of trying to sleep crammed into a middle seat (I had failed to grab my neck pillow) with my neighbor on the aisle getting up multiple times for what I can only presume were GI disturbances. I certainly didn’t achieve any deep restful sleep, but at least I kept really still and closed my eyelids.

These past few nights I’ve awakened between 2 - 4 AM, with harder than usual struggles to get back to sleep. It’s nothing new for me to have to get up for potty breaks of course, and general insomnia has been my cross to bear for many years. Just a few more things to worry about these days - my contractor has not shown up to work this week so we’ll see if anything happens today? (In all likelihood I’m going to have to fire him and take him to court for breach of contract). I also have to hire my own defense attorney about the car accident I had almost 2 years ago since my neighbor found an ambulance-chaser to sue everyone and everything, so I’m a named party in his $2 million lawsuit which greatly exceeds my ordinary insurance coverage. Fan-fucking-tastic!!! I’m surprised the silly son of a bitch isn’t suing the Texas Department of Transportation over the guardrail that I bounced off of which caused me to hit his vehicle -if it hadn’t have been there, I would’ve just proceeded merrily over the crest of the hill down into the ditch.









2 comments:

  1. I also worry about sleep a lot as I struggle with it. I work hard to make it happen but my body rebels. It doesn't like any changes - like time changes, daily schedules, eating times, bathroom times, etc. I am often forcing myself to close my eyes and rest my body and give myself credit for that as my urge is to fly out of bed and do something which will yield me some tangible results but laying down quietly is rest. I am waking at the same time as you and many people I talk to are too. The result of the end of DST for me which I hate. I am one of the people who would like DST all year.

    Your contractor is a jerk. Was your neighbor permanently injured? Sounds like a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much, my friend! No wonder your sleep is messed up. You don't know how obsessed you are with the tech until it stops working. I was without mine for about two weeks while trying to problem solve why it stopped recording my sleep. I tried to tell myself it didn't matter whether I saw the results or not, the sleep I get is the sleep I get. But... well, you know!

    btw, a factory reset and three system upgrades finally got it working again. Legal troubles can be so worrisome, I do hope yours resolve themselves soon, but they do have a tendency to last far too long!

    ReplyDelete