Monday, November 13, 2023

My Losing Season

Or “Push Comes to Shove” - I knew riding weekends were going to conflict with our struggles to finish the remodeling project & get moved into the clinic building at some point; this weekend I stayed home as I needed to meet a new work crew who came out to patch the roof leaks** Saturday, then I decided not to push myself so hard as to rush off before dawn’s early light again to catch Day 3 of our nearby ride on Sunday… (while I enjoyed hauling out to meet my trail riding buddies last weekend, I felt the aftereffects)

** while my contractor of course is not responsible for rusted screws in original construction (the building is 23 yrs old), he IS responsible for whichever of his workmen drilled a screw from interior out! Yes, we took lots of pictures. My main concern at this point is fixing Misti’s vehicle; I don’t know if it will be worth trying to extract blood from this particular turnip by taking him to court for breach of contract?

The pain was minimal as I surveyed this year’s ride results: at this point I should be accustomed to lowered expectations. For these past 2 years, all I’ve managed to complete are a handful of Intro rides. I should count myself lucky that ride management didn’t ask for my help for this most recent ride, since I would’ve had to respectfully decline.

Time to get on with things this morning - at least I have a Cowboys victory to savor! They were slow in getting it together (no scores in 1st quarter) but wound up trouncing the NY (Football) Giants 49 - 17




3 comments:

  1. At least you found a new crew to get the roof repaired. Once this project is over you will have more time and energy to enjoy riding more. The end is in sight! Hopefully you can get some well deserved rest. Having one huge project behind you should be a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've got a new crew started, and glad you're being patient with yourself. It's tough adjusting to the new limits that are coming at us, lapping at the ankles of our lives. But there we are. Hang in, my friend, and may you rest well in the knowledge of progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take the rides when you can. Don't push to get them and let that take away the joy of being there.

    ReplyDelete