Friday, November 10, 2023

Self-Hypnosis: Defense vs Offense

 My only true accomplishment yesterday was securing an attorney to represent me in this damn post-auto accident nightmare. My attorney had given me several referrals but I was striking out everywhere - the dude screening calls for Ben Abbott was downright rude! I may pop back to leave a nasty review…. He was condescendingly explaining how I should “let my insurance handle it”, not listening to me in the least. When I finally chided him for taking such an argumentative tone with me, he said well our litigation department is at capacity - OK, but why didn’t you tell me that from the get-go?

Hopefully I have hit a home run with Rusty Reynolds - at least he agreed to take the case on a contingency basis because Lord knows I don’t have any surplus funds to pay towards attorneys’ fees. I was seriously injured in this accident and even though I was willing to let things go as long as my medical expenses were covered and my vehicle replaced, now that they’ve come after me I must defend myself - and, as my attorney said, the best defense is a strong offense. It is my neighbor who is indulging in a frivolous lawsuit, not me. (I had sent a message to my former SIL - a FL family law attorney - to see if she had any referrals for me from her relatively brief time in N TX but of course I never hear from her unless it’s something that SHE needs…)

The irony, don’t it burn?!? As if I don’t have enough drama going on in my life - I have failed to deal with the obstacle of the Obstinate Financial Advisor (the one who has been insisting on my poor confused mother’s authorization on disbursements), but here we go again!

Her assistant called Mom first thing in the morning for “permission” (nevermind my medical & legal POA’s) before I had a chance to prep her, so she said “No” when asked… Damage was done, when I called her to explain what I was trying to do (90-d discount has expired at new AL facility, since we’ll now be running at a small deficit I wanted to transfer a small sum to her savings account, from which I could withdraw as needed) - all Mom heard (in her mind) is that Evil Daughter is trying to steal more of her money! 🤦‍♀️

Melissa (financial adviser) said she needed a competency letter from mom’s doctor - fine! And amazingly enough, his nurse had that to me that very day - I forwarded it on to Melissa, should have been 1 problem solved, at least.

But when I called Ms Thang to confirm she had received my email, the first words out of her mouth were: “Do you WORK with Dr Williams?” which caught me too off-guard for a snappy reply**; I replied no, Dr Williams is the physician who covers Arabella!

So Melissa feels morally obligated to “take this up the chain” to speak to her supervisors?!? As I said, the whole exchange was so shocking, I could only mumble “Alright”

** what I should’ve said: No, Melissa, I am a veterinarian - we don’t form partnerships with human physicians!

The more I think about it, the madder I get - I want to yell at her to mind her own effing business! I’ve been dealing with my mom’s slow decline for almost 4 yrs, she has NO IDEA. Mom is refusing to bathe now, locks herself in her room and barely goes out. Absolutely infuriating for Melissa to insert herself in the middle. As soon as I am granted full control I’m transferring that account.

So last night as I was shuffling through the pantry I found an old packet of one of my herbal formulas “Hypnotic” - so I mixed up a dose and drank it at bedtime. It might’ve helped a little bit  -  I didn’t have any prolonged awakenings but still tossed and turned quite a bit.





2 comments:

  1. The accident lawsuit sounds like a total mess to me and people like this need to be counter sued since this is a frivolous lawsuit.

    The Obstinate Financial Advisor is the one who needs to be sued if she persists on upsetting your mother. Melissa sounds like a total "B" who needs replacing. Get it done ASAP. One of mom's financial advisors was like that and it took no time at all for me to dump this rude creep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No words. (( hugs )) And I agree with MorticiaAddams!

    ReplyDelete