Friday, March 17, 2023

St Patrick’s Day

 … has dawned cloudy, overcast, cold and windy - last night we suffered intense thunderstorms with scattered hail. I drove through one minor hailstorm coming back from Zach’s; while I haven’t had a chance to inspect my car in daylight, I don’t think it suffered any serious damage - I was able to take refuge under a bridge overpass for part of it.

We have sent “bonus child” Alex on his merry way back to Nashville this morning; Peran drove him to the airport since I have to get ready for work shortly. He just called me to relate what was probably a futile attempt to impart some life lessons - Alex still suffers under the delusion that he’s going to be “discovered” in his acting/modeling career at some point. I took him to lunch yesterday and then we went shopping so I could buy him some jeans and a shirt, socks and underwear - you know, just some basic necessities but I hadn’t even returned home before he was texting me to see if I could send him a few more bucks to buy flowers for Hayley? (Obviously his part-time wages from FedEx didn’t go far)

It will be a relief to have this kid off my payroll - I don’t even wanna add up how much I’ve sent him these past couple of months, mostly in little dribs and drabs for groceries and so forth. Peran gave him $100 bucks for traveling money which I’m sure will be gone by the time he finishes his layover in Orlando.

Got to finish my coffee and get on with my workday, being sure to bundle up - Brrrrrrrrr!!!

Hard to leave this warm lil’ darling ❤️💕


6 comments:

  1. I am hoping this weather is not the new norm. I am tired of the high winds here. The cooler than normal temps. The lack of sun.

    Alex is still suffering the effect of extremely poor parenting during his formative years. Almost all of them today drag their feet at cutting the cord, unlike us who couldn't wait to escape our parental control. I hope you tell Alex that you will no longer be able to bankroll his needs. Your own financial situation has suffered a lot.

    Your little cutie would even make it enticing for me to sit still for a while though I am not one to want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I don't have Izzy with me this morning, as I crouch over the space heater in my office... At least the sun is out, but it's only 45 degrees with that cutting wind... I look forward to lunchtime when I can crank up my car heater & go park in a sunbeam somewhere!

      Delete
    2. You are having to endure way too much discomfort!

      Delete
  2. Lap warmers are hard to leave behind, aren't they?

    Good luck to Alex, and to you, 'cause it's not easy to wean them! I don't think I got my son wholly weaned until after his second deployment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's time you cut that umbilical cord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (It’s me of course) - “all quiet on the eastern front”; haven’t heard a peep from Romeo after he landed in Nashville last night - a favorable sign that yes, Juliette’s folks let him back into their home. Now let us pray that he quickly finds another damn job!

      Delete