Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Closure (or Non)

 I went to a YogaMatters class last Thursday (2 ladies have teamed up to take over Bruce’s studio space) - I wanted to retrieve my Van Gogh mat which Z bought me and my headstand-assist contraption, which I had planned to donate for studio use but had been stuck in their closet…

It’s not that I felt unwelcome (everyone greeted me kindly), but it’s a challenge for me to make a 6:00 PM class on Tuesdays (the 6:30 restorative class I’ve attended intermittently at the spa fits better), and on Thursdays I’m usually embroiled in something else on the other side of town! Terri led us in a moderate vinyasa flow which made me sore for 3 days. I may drop in for a class now & then, but I won’t splurge on a monthly membership for perhaps 4 classes/month.

I went back to Belinda’s restorative class last night, which gave me a different variety of soreness from her inventive use of the wall. Perhaps that contributed to last night’s restless sleep - another one of those nights which passed in a series of hourly naps. I took some ibuprofen at 5 AM which has helped loosen up my Tin Man spine.

My schedule was booked solid yesterday, but I already knew I would not be able to attend Gail’s funeral. Thankfully yesterday was sunny, mild and beautiful and several of my friends posted photos. Unfortunately, I caught a glimpse of my ex-husband in one but I knew those grief vultures (he & his wife) would be there. Just as well I avoided that stressful situation - most likely he would ignore me, just as his wife avoids me at horse camp.

I finally got the truth of recent disruptions in the Force from Zach - Victoria has had a hard time of it at work and went ahead and resigned to avoid being terminated. We’re supposed to have dinner tonight and I will give her a pep talk - I know the job market for RN’s is robust, she just needs to find a better niche.


Didn’t exactly “seem like old times” - I miss Bruce!!

3 comments:

  1. Changes in my gym have caused some issues. Ours lost a lease so we had to move to an equidistant same-brand one. It's not the same but I'll get over it.
    Good insight for Victoria. Some jobs are not good-fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you can find some time for yoga classes. I think things like that are important.

    Ugh on seeing pictures of the ex and his ho. Thank God I never run into mine. The few times I did he disappeared pronto. I think he is afraid of me. LOL. Maybe I might tell the world what he's like.

    Hopefully Victoria can find a better fit but nursing is demanding and most nursing jobs are going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be in the air. My trainer is in the process of selling his interest in the business to his partner, but he assures his regulars that we won't really see a difference, he won't be retiring just yet. When he does retire, it will mean changes!

    I have not spoken to my ex, even on the phone, for over seven years. I know he's still alive, because our son does keep in touch with both of us.

    ReplyDelete