Friday, December 30, 2022

Humbug Antidote

 Unfortunately Izzy’s first Jingle Bell Run was a bust - long story short, I had to go pay a contractor who’s been working on Zach’s house. Of course these folks want to get their money especially over the holidays.

The kids went to Denver while I held down the fort, feeding critters so it was no holiday for me with a thankfully brief but intense cold snap. Luckily no power outages, ice or snow (there were snow flurries on Friday but nothing stuck). I was trying to complete my Christmas shopping at the mall Friday afternoon when alarms blared, strobe lights flashed and they evacuated the mall because of a brawl in the food court where I had just enjoyed a nice sushi roll. You can imagine the tidal wave of shoppers who poured out of the facility - I then spent almost an hour in the resultant traffic jam just trying to get out of the parking lot!

It felt sinful taking “a day to myself” yesterday but that’s what I did when Janet invited me for a return visit to Wyatt Ranch - yes please! Although Mr Bo thought I was trying to work him to death…

These photos are out of order - near the end of our ride, Bo would NOT hold his ears up!
                                               Better attitude in this photo (early on in our ride)
                                                                Fording the Paluxy River



3 comments:

  1. It does look like a lovely outing, as either "consolation" or "reward"... take your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remodeling is so expensive, messy, and tiring. Of course, we are the ones doing it.

    The weather here is all over the place. Makes everyone vulnerable and they end up sick.

    Had no idea that things like that happened in malls. We pretty well have done away with malls here, other than strip malls. We have one mall left.

    Bo is very cute!!

    ReplyDelete