Friday, December 2, 2022

Early Christmas

 My man at the trailer dealership got repairs done well ahead of schedule (I had requested to pick it up by December 8 but now that ride has been rescheduled) - I picked up my “early Xmas present” yesterday. Rebuilt hay rack, rebuilt & rewired generator (along with a significant portion of other wiring, including power supply to the furnace, which shorted out when hay rack disintegrated), minor plumbing leaks fixed, as well as routine maintenance like brakes & bearings… fortunately it appears the tires are holding up well for another season!

I handed over ye olde MasterCard, I need to slow down my massive cash outflows which have me feeling like some mortally wounded creature, hemorrhaging cash to all comers: the plumbers, the electricians, water tank and “rescue” landscaping (I had a man come in to do some minor dirt work and spread gravel to remedy the mud pit that our front yard becomes in rainy weather - I was joking that we were going to set up a ferry boat ride!) Let us not speak of my son’s profligate spending - despite my pleas to “make do”for a while, he dove right into major remodeling of kitchen and master bathroom, we now have to put all that back together.

This morning I have a dull headache which I presume is mostly sinus-related. Not all maladies can be traced to a primary source - I’ve had a nonspecific GI upset all week also, bloat & misery! So I’m going to go steam myself in the shower, take some ibuprofen, and ease into my workday.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you have the same routine "steam myself in the shower" that I do when facing sinus-related issues. Hope your Friday and weekend go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We feel the same way with the remodeling. Everything costs way too much. With all of this dust flying around here my sinus are always in an uproar too.

    ReplyDelete