Monday, December 5, 2022

Keep Going

 “When you’re going through hell, keep going” - Winston Churchill 

“No one can take advantage of you without your consent“ - Ann Landers

I need to bookend these phrases as I continue to struggle through this non-joyous holiday season - I got myself into this mess, there is no way out except to keep trudging forward, grimly trying to accomplish each task. What I would like is to hire a foreman to ramrod my remodeling project - of course, every client who comes to the new property is eagerly asking when we will have the building remodeled - “No time soon!” seems to be my foreshortened, gruff answer. I miss my dad - if he were still alive & able, he would be all over it. I got sick and tired of Subway sandwiches, which was the only place he wanted to take a lunch break when we were working on the Red Oak facility! Dad always ordered their Italian sub, the least expensive option on the menu - that’s not even offered anymore with all their “upscale” options. (I went there the other day for a quick, auld lang syne option.)

I drove to downtown Dallas Saturday morning to serve as the standby emergency treatment vet in case there were any problems with the parade horses - A good client of mine serves on the committee. Obviously I work very cheap - free parking and VIP seating! But Izzy and I had fun, it was her first parade! (4 yrs ago, the last time I volunteered, I took Clarice but I didn’t think she’d appreciate the commotion this time around)

I did manage to muster enough energy to get out Saturday afternoon for a ride with my friends - what I hope is the first building block for my Arizona ride next month. Easier to natter on about these plans than to dwell on this deep pit I've dug myself into financially... The quote I NEED to focus upon are the immortal words of Spock (ST6: The Undiscovered Country): "What you WANT is irrelevant, what you have CHOSEN is at hand!"

But for today I need to concentrate on doing my best for my patients to continue replenishing my coffers so I can pay for said remodeling. There again, plenty of clients have sympathized with me on what an unfair situation this is - I didn't WANT to be starting all over in a new location at this stage of my career, but here you have it...



Junior & Senior Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders

 

 

                                              We didn't have NEARLY enough parade ponies!
 



3 comments:

  1. There may not have been enough of those parade ponies, but that line looks nicely matched. My heart goes out to you, too. Starting over is exhausting. Sending energy and hope vibes. 💖🐴

    ReplyDelete
  2. It look fun, I hope you enjoyed it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be a Subway fan but they seem to get rid of the only condiments I like. I liked the Subway Vinaigrette or the Sweet Onion Teriyaki sauce and they changed both of them and made them horrible. Put Parmesan cheese in the vinaigrette and hot sauce in the sweet onion sauce. I always ate the spicy Italian, Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki, or the Chicken and Bacon Ranch - no ranch.

    Izzy looked cute! Great parade!

    Starting over at any age is bad enough. When you get older it's a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete