Thursday, September 22, 2022

The Bitter End

 I really don’t know what possessed me to sign up for the state veterinary conference this weekend - there is NO TIME as various obstacles arise before me like Jason and the Argonauts…

The moving crew packed the storage container like a real-life game of Tetris; we are managing a few final things - the computers, the hot water heater and a few boxes from my office. I was absolutely horrified at the avalanche of paperwork I had to clear out - old financial records needed to be burned, a lot of miscellaneous things that I always meant to review and organize, a lot of which I just boxed up and maybe one of these years will get around to it? A whole drawerful of divorce and custody-related stuff - I thought I was keeping it for Zach, but there’s no point in exposing him to that toxicity. I will give it one more review and then burn baby burn! The bitter end, indeed.

I will be meeting my cousin the electrician a little later on today (when he says the word) to evaluate what needs to be fixed so I can get the power back on at the workshop. I don’t know exactly when the fencing crew will get to work and then I just need to pick a date to set the water tank (and call the plumbers to make those connections). No wonder I tossed & turned last night and got up a dull headache this morning.

Clarice is struggling - I keep thinking this is it and then she will rally somewhat, but last night she vomited. I medicated her, she ate a few more bites and kept it down, but this morning she’s got a ragged cough. She’s very weak - I will try to feed her in a moment but this could be the bitter end for her too.




2 comments:

  1. 💗 Hugs. One. Foot. In. Front. to that bitter end...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is mired in old paperwork and I am working on that too. I fight the feeling that these old papers are important for some reason and they mostly are not. You have a lot of work on your plate but you are organized and will get it done. It is always very encouraging to check things off a to-do list.

    I am sorry to hear about Clarice. That little girl is one tough pet. Reekie was like that. And Blocker.

    ReplyDelete