Monday, September 12, 2022

Don’t Stand So Close to Me

 I suppose I will continue plodding on grimly, no matter how badly I feel, as long as that lil’ jukebox in my head keeps playing fragments of music… The Police “Don’t Stand So Close to Me” as I watch DH get ready for his workday is featured this fine morning. I actually had to put on a light jacket when I went down to the barn, this summer’s brutal heat appears to have broken!

My Saturday evening didn’t go as planned - while I did get in a nice ride Sat AM, I couldn’t convince Peran that trekking over to Ft Worth to meet friends for BBQ & going to see the finals of Extreme Mustang Makeover was a good plan for Saturday night. (Trainers are assigned a mustang - they have 100 days to train him/her before facing off in competition. The mustangs are then auctioned off - no, I wouldn’t be horse shopping, I mainly wanted to hang out with my friends & admire the trainers’ hard work!) At any rate I decided to go by myself but I got stuck in a traffic jam, my car started running rough and flashing various warning lights at me - I decided discretion was the better part of valor, so when I could extricate myself from traffic, I turned around and limped back to the closest GM dealership. The mechanic will determine what sort of electronic nervous breakdown my poor lil’ car has suffered, but I had to pull Peran away from his evening hike to come rescue me - not only to pick me up, but getting me away from a determined salesman who was trying to convince me that now is the perfect time to trade up!

He was not happy so why not try to tackle a heart-to-heart talk? But I got nowhere - he wouldn’t talk to me; why would I think there’s something wrong when I can literally feel him cringe away whenever I go to touch him? That excellent Bonnie Raitt song “I Can’t Make You Love Me”  is next on my jukebox - I cried many a tear with ex-husband while listening to that song.

Today is my mother‘s 91st birthday but we took her out for a luncheon yesterday - Zach wanted to show her a foo-foo place in Las Colinas which  actually worked out well- - my cousins met us, we had a very nice time.  Then Zach & I went to a home & garden show, talked to lots of vendors & bought a couple of cacti!




1 comment:

  1. I love that song. Recently my internal jukebox was playing "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic". Now it probably will again.. LOL. I love The Police. Except for "Roxanne". Ugh on that. Sting is awesome.

    We had a mustang named Mexico when I was a teen.

    So weird that you can't get P to tell you what is bothering him.

    Happy birthday to your mom. Benny's is Wednesday.

    Love home and garden shows and cacti.

    ReplyDelete