Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Laborious Day



 (It actually wasn’t; just Val’s never-ending search for That Perfect Title)

In reality, it mostly felt as if things were “on hold” until we could get back to normal taking-care-of-business conditions: I have notified my metal fabrications guy and my architect that the race is now on to get the workshop property remodeled. My architect has not replied, my metal fabrication guy texted apologies because he was out of town visiting family for the Labor Day weekend…

First priority is reinforcing the fencing so I have a safe place to park the mobile unit and the office trailer, followed closely by getting a water tank set (supposed to meet up with that lady today also) & installing some conduit to run power to them. The one errand I hoped to accomplish this weekend was getting extra keys cut - however, when I tripped by the hardware store the guy told me “no can do” because the key is marked DO NOT DUPLICATE. (I was only given one solitary key to the deadbolt on the workshop door) I have messaged the owner’s daughter and she’ll see if any other keys can be found…

Clarice continues to soldier bravely on, eating well although weight loss is slowly progressing. I shall recheck her blood work again today - we seem to have the surgical incision inflammation under control with antibiotic #3, I continue to debate if it’s worth going to visit with the oncologist about chemotherapy? I’ve never gotten this far with any of my other pancreatic cancer cases - typically it’s so far advanced at diagnosis that it either warrants immediate euthanasia or a decision shortly after surgery. And Izzy’s knee looks FANTASTIC, I haven’t decided whether to send Dr Radasch a Harry & David gift basket or an Edible Arrangement (sculptured fruit basket). Izzy‘s lameness has already improved to a grade 2 and she has gotten away from Daddy to do a couple of short sprints as we cringe! (She is supposed to be leash walked only for the first month) I should be able to take out her skin sutures tomorrow (one week postop)

I will have to dive into the latest news about Zach and bonus child Alex later as I gear up for this final homestretch. Peran attended the “consolation prize BBQ” one of my trail riding buddies put on Sunday afternoon, so that’s something! It was amusing as it turned into the typical arrangement with we women standing around in the kitchen while the menfolk sat out on the porch drinking their beers (of course Peran didn’t drink beer;  he brought his own cooler with Gatorade and water). Jack barely got his hamburgers off the grill before another thunderstorm rolled  through so we watched it rain, reflecting that maybe it wasn’t the best camping weather.

I did get in one short ride with a few of the girls yesterday afternoon









2 comments:

  1. LOL about the search for a perfect title! We do such things to ourselves, don't we? Love that you got even a short ride in. Progress on the set up, too. Hope the key situation works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are progressing well. If only the universe would also fall in line.

    Clarice and Izzie are both tough.

    So glad the P came to the BBQ. And that you got a ride in.

    ReplyDelete