Thursday, August 22, 2024

Venus of Bristol

 The month that I spent having to use the upstairs bathroom for showering as Peran retiled the master bath should’ve been great for my motivation - stepping out, there is a full-length mirror from which I generally tried to avert my eyes. My silhouette bears a strong resemblance to the Venus of Willendorf, the hell with body positivity! Even more distressing than my physical appearance is my decrepitude - I’ve just barely started this series of acupuncture treatments, and while they seem to give me a temporary boost, it certainly hasn’t given me the energy to go out, for instance, and hit the gym. Even hard-core Peran is getting in only a quick walk in the mornings before things heat up too much…

https://artincontext.org/venus-of-willendorf/

In other news, while the Colorado buyer had a change of heart about Big Bertha, he IS seriously interested in the surgery trailer - this expedites our efforts to finish the remodeling of my surgical suite in the building and get moved out of it! Kristy got her mom settled in with home hospice care - thankfully in her mom’s home, not her own - which I think would’ve been a grave error in her small house with 2 young children. No doubt she will continue to be stretched thin, but hopefully this will bring the revolving door of ER visits to a close. I am having to psych myself up each & every time I visit my mom’s facility - I too have such limited time and energy… my friends are posting beautiful photos from the Colorado ride this week, but who am I kidding? that’s a hell of a long haul to knock off a 12-15 mile intro ride.

I’ve got to concentrate on my immediate sphere of influence - finishing the clinic remodel, getting the surplus equipment sold, and trying to replenish my retirement account/decimated savings. Peran has consented to go back to Bonham to get my aunt’s couch this Sunday, so my great expedition will be to the local nature park to ride with the crew Saturday. Sam should be back from India where he was getting his elderly mother settled into hospice care also. Being a member of the sandwich generation is no fun, as much as I like Oreos!

2 comments:

  1. LOL, where's you get the link to the figure I modeled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condolences to the folks living through those sandwich years! Even if brief, soooo stressful.

    ReplyDelete